- 20-Jul-2021 to 30-Sep-2021 (CST)
- Mequon, WI, USA
- Depends on Experience
- Part Time
Concordia is a Lutheran higher education community committed to helping students develop in mind, body and spirit for service to Christ in the Church and in the world.
Concordia University is seeking applicants for the part-time position of Accounts Payable Clerk for the Business Office located on the CUW Mequon, WI Campus. This part-time position is responsible for assisting in Accounts Payable processing. The Accounts Payable Clerk hours are to be determined Monday through Friday between the hours of 12:30 and 4:30pm. The position reports to the Accounts Payable Coordinator and further through the Business Operations Manager.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting in the Accounts Payable processing for the university including understanding, explaining, and processing vendor invoices, statements, credit memos, from data entry through payment
- Responsible for enforcing University polices and governmental regulations
- Responsible for customer service, answers questions, resolve problems in person and on the phone
- Prepare reports on the status of outstanding and or paid vendors
- Interacts with various offices within the university as well as outside constituents
- May be responsible for supervision of student employees
- May perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and skill in the use of a computer and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
- Knowledge and skill in the use of the Ellucian Banner database system is a plus
- Experience in reconciling and posting to accounts, general accounting knowledge a plus
- Experience in handling checks a plus
- Understanding of database system
- Able to prioritize and juggle multiple priorities and tasks
- Able to deal with interruptions and work in a fast paced office environment
- Able to professionally deal with a variety of people who visit or call the Business Office
- Able to work as part of a Team
Education & Experience
A high school diploma is required and one or two years of office experience. Bookkeeping, bank teller, accounting and/or customer service experience is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a part-time, staff, non-exempt position. Wages will be commensurate with qualifications, education, and experience. Tuition benefits are available for employees; however, there are no other benefits associated with this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of CU to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
The University will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, gender, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
However, CU is an institution of the LCMS and, to the extent allowed by law, CU reserves the right to give preference in employment based on religion. In addition, preference in holding certain employment positions is given to ordained or rostered ministers of the LCMS. Based on a religious tenet, CU recognizes only male, LCMS ordained Ministers of the Gospel, but recognizes both male and female LCMS Rostered Ministers of the Gospel.
The Human Resources Department has been appointed to manage the equal employment opportunity program, including all equal employment opportunity activities, as required by federal, state and local agencies. If any employee or applicant for employment believes this policy has been violated, he/she must contact the Director of Human Resources.
Concordia University is a HLC accredited, co-educational, liberal arts school offering more than 72 undergraduate majors, over 35 master's degree programs, and 5 doctoral programs. There are also a variety of accelerated evening and e-learning programs.