- 07-Jul-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- Ann Arbor, MI, USA
- Depends on Experience
- Part Time
Concordia is a Lutheran higher education community committed to helping students develop in mind, body and spirit for service to Christ in the Church and in the world.
Concordia University is seeking applicants for the part-time position of Campus Safety Officer, located on the Ann Arbor Campus. This position reports directly to the Director of Campus Safety. Interested persons should enjoy working with young adults and understand the uniqueness of the college campus community environment. This is a less than 20 hours per week position. The shifts open for availability are 2nd, and/or 3rd shift with weekend availability. Shift hours assigned may vary.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Enforce the Student Conduct Code and other University regulations, policies and procedures
- Prepare shift, incident and conduct reports as appropriate
- Assist in investigating complaints and violations of university policies and procedures
- Assist in record keeping in compliance with Campus Crime and Safety Act
- Supervise the work of student safety officers
- Interacts with various offices within the university as well as outside constituents
- May perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge, skill, training and ability to deal with emergencies
- Ability to take charge and follow procedures
- Must possess excellent people and communication skills
- Willingness and a strong desire to be a leader and role model
- Ability to react calmly and responsibly in emergency situations
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office and possess general computer and typing skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as required
- Must have a good driving record
Education and Experience
Candidate must have high school diploma or GED. Previous Law Enforcement, campus safety or security experience is a plus.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a part-time, staff, non-exempt position. Wages will be commensurate with qualifications, education, and experience. Tuition benefits are available for employees; however, there are no other benefits associated with this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of CU to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
The University will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, gender, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
However, CU is an institution of the LCMS and, to the extent allowed by law, CU reserves the right to give preference in employment based on religion. In addition, preference in holding certain employment positions is given to ordained or rostered ministers of the LCMS. Based on a religious tenet, CU recognizes only male, LCMS ordained Ministers of the Gospel, but recognizes both male and female LCMS Rostered Ministers of the Gospel.
The Human Resources Department has been appointed to manage the equal employment opportunity program, including all equal employment opportunity activities, as required by federal, state and local agencies. If any employee or applicant for employment believes this policy has been violated, he/she must contact the Director of Human Resources.
Concordia University is a HLC accredited, co-educational, liberal arts school offering more than 72 undergraduate majors, over 35 master's degree programs, and 5 doctoral programs. There are also a variety of accelerated evening and e-learning programs.