- 11-Jun-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- Ann Arbor, MI, USA
- Depends on Experience
- Full Time
Eligible for Benefits
Concordia is a Lutheran higher education community committed to helping students develop in mind, body and spirit for service to Christ in the Church and in the world.
Concordia University invites applicants tot he position of full-time Maintenance Technician at the CUAA Ann Arbor, MI campus! This position is responsible for a full range of maintenance duties related to the care, upkeep, and repair of the interior and exterior of the campus. The Maintenance Technician responsibilities include the maintenance, minor repair, and up-keep of plumbing fixtures and electrical devices and appliances on campus. This is a full-time (40 hours per week) position Monday through Friday 7am-3:30pm. This full-time, non-exempt position reports to the Director of Buildings and Grounds and is located on the Ann Arbor, MI campus.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service.
- Complete work orders as assigned.
- Perform minor repairs and maintenance to meet mission requirements of the University
- Assist as required and cooperate on a routine basis with all maintenance staff in the performance of day to day duties and responsibilities
- Assist in other maintenance on an as needed basis
- Supervise student workers on an as needed basis
- Assist as required and/or directed with snow plowing, snow and ice removal.
- May perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to plan, organize, control, and complete all aspects of required corrective and preventative maintenance
- Knowledge of safe work practices and ability to use safe work practices
- Knowledge and ability to use a variety of building maintenance equipment, supplies and materials
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral directions
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments and follow a work schedule and work independently
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work in confined spaces and in close quarters to perform analysis and repair work.
- Ability to move and lift heavy objects
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with faculty, staff and students
Education and Training
High School diploma or its equivalent required.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) staff position. Starting range is dependent upon on individual qualifications and experience. Concordia University benefit options include, but are not limited to the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Personal Spending Account, Flexible Spending Account, and/or Health Savings Account
- Disability and Survivor Plan
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Retirement 403(b) Savings Plan
- Basic Life and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Tuition waiver benefits (available for employees and their qualified dependents)
To receive full consideration, all applicants are asked to complete and submit an online employment application through the Concordia University Employment page. To begin, please click the Apply Now section on the job page and then click the Apply For This Position button to begin the application process.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of CU to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
The University will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, gender, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
However, CU is an institution of the LCMS and, to the extent allowed by law, CU reserves the right to give preference in employment based on religion. In addition, preference in holding certain employment positions is given to ordained or rostered ministers of the LCMS. Based on a religious tenet, CU recognizes only male, LCMS ordained Ministers of the Gospel, but recognizes both male and female LCMS Rostered Ministers of the Gospel.
The Human Resources Department has been appointed to manage the equal employment opportunity program, including all equal employment opportunity activities, as required by federal, state and local agencies. If any employee or applicant for employment believes this policy has been violated, he/she must contact the Director of Human Resources.
Concordia University is a HLC accredited, co-educational, liberal arts school offering more than 70 undergraduate majors, over 40 master's degree programs, and 4 doctoral programs. There are also a variety of accelerated evening and e-learning programs.