- 01-Aug-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- Mequon, WI, USA
- Depends on Experience
- Full Time
Eligible for Benefits
Concordia University is a Lutheran higher education community committed to helping students develop in mind, body and spirit for service to Christ in the Church and in the world.
Concordia University seeks applicants for the full-time, exempt position of Undergraduate Clinical and Student Placement Coordinator. The successful candidate will be a registered professional nurse who takes responsibility for clinical placements for traditional and accelerated undergraduate nursing students that meet students' learning needs consistent with accreditation guidelines. This person is responsible for assuring adequate numbers of clinical sites to meet program needs and adequate clinical instructors through recruitment/hiring. This full-time position requires extensive cooperation and collaborative relationships with students, professionals in clinical agencies, faculty, and the Undergraduate Program Chairperson. This position is located on the Mequon, WI campus and reports to the Undergraduate Nursing Program Chair.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
Staff are expected to comply with all rules and regulations as outlined in the Concordia Staff Handbook. In addition, the Clinical and Student Placement Coordinator has the following responsibilities:
- Attend all meetings as scheduled within the school, university, and community
- Collaborate with faculty to gain and provide feedback related to students' expectations to meet course outcomes
- Consistently model professional behavior
- Perform other tasks as necessary to achieve university goals
- Solicit and retain appropriate clinical sites
- Develop new clinical sites as needed
- Manage and maintain ongoing communication with healthcare clinical placement coordinators, and clinical instructors and coordinators for updates on sites and preceptor availability
- Visit sites as needed to assure they meet student needs
- Maintain records related to students, preceptors, and sites
- Request appropriate clinical placements each semester based on program needs
- Assigns students to clinical groups and with qualified preceptors
- Updates students' schedules in the Concordia student information system
- On-boards students and instructors to clinical agencies
- Solicits and hires appropriate clinical adjunct faculty considering current and future needs
- Make hiring recommendations to the Undergraduate Program Chairperson
- Provide orientation for new clinical adjuncts
- Maintain necessary records for clinical faculty and adjuncts
- Provide input to the Undergraduate Program Chairperson regarding adjunct faculty performance
- Recruits preceptors
- Work collaboratively with the Clinical Contract Coordinator to assure completion of agency contracts and filing of State Board of Nursing forms
- Assure healthcare agencies receive information confirming student compliance with clinical requirements
- Present matters of concern to the Undergraduate Program Chairperson
Education & Experience
- BSN required
- Current licensure to practice professional nursing in Wisconsin, or eligible for Wisconsin licensure
- Minimum of two years of recent nursing experience in a clinical or educational setting
- Ability to interact professionally with representatives of health organizations
- Maintains confidentiality
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and online clinical placement programs
- Meticulous organizational skills and ability to coordinate multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills, including aptitude for developing innovative approaches and meeting challenges with resourcefulness
- Ability to independently travel to clinical sites in southeast Wisconsin on a regular basis
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time, exempt (salary) staff position. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, education, and experience. Concordia University benefit options include, but are not limited to the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Personal Spending Account, Flexible Spending Account, and/or Health Savings Account
- Disability and Survivor Plan
- Retirement Pension Plan
- Retirement 403(b) Savings Plan
- Basic Life and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance
- Tuition waiver benefits (available for employees and their qualified dependents)
To receive full consideration, all applicants are asked to complete and submit an online employment application through the Concordia University Employment page. To begin, please click the Apply Now section on the job page and then click the Apply For This Position button to begin the application process.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of CU to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
The University will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, gender, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
However, CU is an institution of the LCMS and, to the extent allowed by law, CU reserves the right to give preference in employment based on religion. In addition, preference in holding certain employment positions is given to ordained or rostered ministers of the LCMS. Based on a religious tenet, CU recognizes only male, LCMS ordained Ministers of the Gospel, but recognizes both male and female LCMS Rostered Ministers of the Gospel.
The Human Resources Department has been appointed to manage the equal employment opportunity program, including all equal employment opportunity activities, as required by federal, state and local agencies. If any employee or applicant for employment believes this policy has been violated, he/she must contact the Director of Human Resources.
Concordia University is a HLC accredited, co-educational, liberal arts school offering more than 70 undergraduate majors, over 40 master's degree programs, and 4 doctoral programs. There are also a variety of accelerated evening and e-learning programs.