Are you someone who has a passion for working with their hands on a variety of tasks? We have a meaningful and results-oriented opportunity in sunny Florida for the right person to become our Facilities Coordinator. This position is responsible for the for janitorial and maintenance tasks throughout the facility and grounds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fixing minor issues in appliances, office equipment, or arranging for third party repairs when needed
- Replacing light fixtures and bulbs when needed inside and outside of the facility
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations, including proper sanitation practices and following regulations in response to COVID-19
- Design and oversee the schedule for cleaning and disinfecting the building beyond day-to-day operations
- Removing hazardous materials from all areas accessible to employees and guests
- Arrange for regular maintenance of equipment and internal systems (e.g. heating system, alarms, security cameras)
- Check rooms and furniture to identify needs for repairs or renovations
- Notify appropriate personnel when supplies need to be purchased
- Monitor activities that happen outside the building, such as proper waste disposal and recycling
- Monitor/track regular and ad-hoc facility expenses
- Conduct market research and compare costs/benefits when evaluating new vendors
- Maintain records of invoices, tests, and certifications from external partners (e.g. suppliers, insurance agents, security guards)
- Research new services and appliances to facilitate operations
- Strong work experience as a Facilities Coordinator or similar role
- Familiarity with office equipment, HVAC, electrical household appliances, lighting and security systems
- Understanding of safety and health regulations in offices such as OSHA, CDC, etc.
- Operate cleaning equipment and cleaning products
- Sound judgement and the ability to think quickly during emergencies
- Certification as a facility manager (CFM), preferred
- Knowledge of ISO9001 and AS9001, a plus
- Must be able to lift safely up to 30 pounds
Minimum Requirements Needed:
- High School diploma or AA/AS degree (trade or tech school) from an Accredited College/University
- At least one year or related experience
- Positions with CME require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Successful Passage of Required Screenings & Tests: Background Check, Reference, Credit, and Drug Testing
- You have been completely vaccinated for COVID-19 and/or completed your first shot prior to your start date (if taking Pfizer or Moderna) with your second shot scheduled
Responsible for janitorial tasks throughout the facility and grounds. The coordinator shall complete other maintenance work as instructed, as well as preventative work on various systems or pieces of equipment. Relies on instructions and established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. The facilities coordinator oversees all maintenance activities inside and outside the building as well as making sure that health and safety standards are met and arranging for repairs when needed.
Travel Percentage Required: Minimal & Usually Local to Vendors. 0% -5%
An award-winning Tampa Bay small business for two decades, Custom Manufacturing & Engineering, Inc. (CME®) delivers Engineering, manufacturing, test, and calibration/repair services to Government and Industry. Join us at CME, where one can "Use Our Expertise to Design & Build Your Solutions" CME's culture is embodied by Core Values that are focused on: Serving the customer while protecting CME, delivering quality products and services as required, solving problems, working with energy and passion, and encouraging and developing employees that challenge themselves.
As a strong supporter of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and other select charitable initiatives, CME promotes and encourages employee community support to nonprofit organizations or educational institutions, especially for mentoring and school/student support. Most of CME's products and services are focused on the development and manufacturing of energy efficient and sustainable products such as more efficient power supplies, intelligent power distribution units, energy saving solar panels, and other electronic systems, end products, or components. (www.custom-mfg-eng.com).
CME is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a U.S. defense contractor CME is also subject to additional rules and regulations regarding the hiring of foreign persons. In compliance with U.S. federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States; CME cannot accept any person for employment who does not meet employment eligibility requirements, E-Verify verification, and/or is in the U.S. under a student (F1 and/or OPT, J1, orM1) and/or temporary work visa. For the purposes of clarification, the I-9 defines eligibility of an employee as a: U.S. citizen, permanent resident card or alien registration card (Form I-551), a person with a temporary I-551 stamp on their passport or U.S. immigrant visa, and/or passport from the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) or Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) with Forms I-94 or I-94A indicating nonimmigrant admissions under Compact of Free Association between the U.S. and FSM or RMI.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!