CME is looking for a person with a passion for developing and innovating products & solutions! We have an exciting opportunity for the right person to become our Electrical Engineer I. As an Electrical Engineer I at CME, you will research, develop, design, prototype, and test electrical (Analog, Digital, Power, and/or RF/Microwave) components, equipment, systems, sub-systems, and networks for industrial and defense/space applications. As an Electrical Engineer you'll have the opportunity to work on a variety of electronic, electrical, and electro-mechanical systems, subsystems, and subassemblies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches, plans, and designs electrical and electromechanical products and systems
- Coordinates activities involved in the documentation, drafting and design process of electrical or electromechanical products and systems
- Design's subsystems such as primary power distribution, electrical/electronic controls, robotic control systems, system/subsystem power delivery, and electrical control interfaces
- Plans, designs, and documents electrical and electromechanical subsystems
- Coordinates fabrication and testing activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design specifications
- Works with existing vendors for development of specialized production parts and procedures
- Works closely with software and mechanical developers to integrate systems operation
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals and on diverse teams
- Ability to interpret blueprints, drawings, schematics, technical journals and papers, and other related material
- Ability to communicate effectively interdepartmentally and externally with vendors
- Ability to develop technical reports and present technical material
- Ability to travel (up to 20%) to customer and/or vendor sites
- Ability to use OrCAD PCB Designer, schematic capture programs, and simulation programs a plus (e.g. electromagnetic, circuit, etc.)
- Ability to plan and independently work on projects including working with other engineering resources and within cross-functional teams
Minimum Requirements Needed:
- High School or AA/AS degree (trade or tech school) from an Accredited College/University
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
- 0-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, with most recent experience in electrical engineering
- 3.0 cumulative GPA desired
- Positions with CME require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Successful Passage of Required Screenings & Tests: Background Check, Reference, Credit, and Drug Testing
- You have been completely vaccinated for COVID-19
Travel Percentage Required: Minimal & Usually Local to Vendors. 0% -5%
An award-winning Tampa Bay small business for two decades, Custom Manufacturing & Engineering, Inc. (CME®) delivers Engineering, manufacturing, test, and calibration/repair services to Government and Industry. Join us at CME, where one can "Use Our Expertise to Design & Build Your Solutions" CME's culture is embodied by Core Values that are focused on: Serving the customer while protecting CME, delivering quality products and services as required, solving problems, working with energy and passion, and encouraging and developing employees that challenge themselves.
As a strong supporter of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and other select charitable initiatives, CME promotes and encourages employee community support to nonprofit organizations or educational institutions, especially for mentoring and school/student support. Most of CME's products and services are focused on the development and manufacturing of energy efficient and sustainable products such as more efficient power supplies, intelligent power distribution units, energy saving solar panels, and other electronic systems, end products, or components. (www.custom-mfg-eng.com).
CME is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a U.S. defense contractor CME is also subject to additional rules and regulations regarding the hiring of foreign persons. In compliance with U.S. federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States; CME cannot accept any person for employment who does not meet employment eligibility requirements, E-Verify verification, and/or is in the U.S. under a student (F1 and/or OPT, J1, orM1) and/or temporary work visa. For the purposes of clarification, the I-9 defines eligibility of an employee as a: U.S. citizen, permanent resident card or alien registration card (Form I-551), a person with a temporary I-551 stamp on their passport or U.S. immigrant visa, and/or passport from the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) or Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) with Forms I-94 or I-94A indicating nonimmigrant admissions under Compact of Free Association between the U.S. and FSM or RMI.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!