Are you someone who has a passion for solving problems? We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical-Embedded Design Intern who uses electrical/electronic design to meet budget and customer requirements for products and systems used for commercial and industrial purposes. Support Operations to expand CME's products and services, support new business development, create innovative products/solutions and impact revenues. Use technical problem solving for the development and/or production of well thought out solutions that minimize the risk to the organization, utilize existing resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Electrical/Electronic Design to meet budget & customer requirements for products and systems used for commercial and industrial purposes
- Collaborate with multi-disciplined engineers and ensure program work breakdown structure and schedule / resource estimates ensuring engineers meet schedule and budget
- Researching & ensure that design & manufacturing processes conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications and technical drawings match; use version labeling & configuration management control to document
- Assist/Develop engineering processes for manufacturing by designing & modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components; soliciting observations from operators
- Conduct checks and testing to ensure products meet requirements for next team-member, engineer, manufacturing, and customer
- Assures product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities
- Support the full product realization lifecycle to facilitate project implementation according to established procedures and best practices. This involves: monitoring engineering progress, anticipating technical issues, and driving corrective actions within the engineering community at CME
- Direct technical contributors across engineering disciplines to develop and demonstrate lab prototypes
- Ensure Customer requirements, systems specifications, and other documents called out in established CME work instructions and documented. Ensure solution concepts and technical system specifications are documented and adhere to the quality & configuration control standards. Ensure and at times author papers, presentations, proposals, and briefs for internal and external use as required
- Support plans and at times formulates aspects of research and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be used from findings, costs of project, and equipment and human resource requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to read drawings/schematics
- Excellent PC Skills in the Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Windows 7/8/10)
- Proven Knowledge of CAD Software & Design Programming/Packages, preferable Solidworks knowledge
- Experience with an ERP System, preferably Deltek Costpoint or similar systems like: SAP, Microsoft Dynamics
- A proven ability to organize and effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to Multi-Task While Meeting Deadlines/Deliveries and on Budget
- Enthusiasm for CME's clients (internal & external) and their missions.
Minimum Requirements Needed:
- Working towards a BS in Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Science with coursework and general knowledge and understanding of Electrical Engineering and/or Computer Science
- Must have 2+ years of engineering school experience and/or hands-on, preferably in electrical/electronic design and/or the manufacturing industry
- Successful Passage of Required Screenings & Tests: Background Check, Reference, Credit, and Drug Testing
- You have been completely vaccinated for COVID-19
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!