Are you someone who has a passion for challenging themselves while delivering high quality products? CME is looking for a Program Manager who directs the daily execution of contract requirements for small to large projects (R&D to engineering development/production/test efforts) to assure that cost, schedules and performance goals are met within the defense and aerospace, heavy equipment and industrial machinery, transportation, or power and energy market segments. You will effectively lead, motivate and delegate to team members from wide variety of organizations that work on multiple projects without direct lines of reporting. Lead frequent project team meetings and the integrated product team (kick-off through project close). If you have a passion for communication and detail, we want to speak to you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop best practices and tools for project management, facilitate team and individual disciplines for good program performance, effective processes, especially product realization processes/new product development
- Accomplishes strategic objectives to grow business relationships vital to the success of the programs being managed
- Find and manage relevant data that develops program objectives and strategy
- Deliver or lead informative, well-organized presentations, program reviews, design reviews, test readiness reviews, and coordinate/facilitate reviews with customers as needed
- Translate program objectives into work hours, number of team members and skill sets needed to achieve results
- Identify and manage program dependencies, schedule and critical path and proactively identify potential risks, estimate risk costs and develop risk mitigation plans
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Utilize change management techniques to manage program documents
- Direct and manage program development from beginning to end including project/program schedules
- Meet financial objectives by preparing project budgets, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions
- Communicate job expectations by planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions and delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members. Identify and resolve project issues and team conflicts
- Quickly accept, administer and manage large scale process changes to a wide variety of team members from different disciplines, backgrounds and cultures
- When required, negotiate with managers and directors for the acquisition of required resources from within the company
- Achieve operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews and preparing and completing action plans
- Effectively support program transition from engineering to manufacturing development for manufacturing readiness. Transition technology smoothly and efficiently
- Establish and promote engineering or manufacturing program/technical risk management as basic principle of best practices and ISO 9001/AS9100
- Implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards by resolving problems, completing desktop audits, identifying trends, determining system improvements, and implementing change
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Assist in the development of program management processes and tools based on best practices and lessons learned
- Other duties assigned
- 5 years direct work experience in a program management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution, as well as managing medium to large engineering or manufacturing teams with multiple levels of management
- Strong familiarity with MS Project and MS Excel software, MS Powerpoint
- Understanding of ERP system such as Deltek Costpoint or similar
- An understanding of Design Engineering processes
- Good familiarity with Lean Manufacturing
- Familiarity with New Product Development (NPPD)
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Overtime may be required in meet project deadlines
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
Minimum Requirements Needed:
- High School or AA/AS degree (trade or tech school) from an Accredited College/University
- Bachelor's Degree in the field of Business or Engineering
- At least 5 years of proven work experience in a program management
- Positions with CME require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Successful Passage of Required Screenings & Tests: Background Check, Reference, Credit, and Drug Testing
- You have been completely vaccinated for COVID-19
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!