Are you someone who likes to deliver quality market research to propel your organization forward? We have an exciting and rewarding opportunity for first hand marketing experience for the right person to become our Marketing Intern! The Marketing Intern is responsible for solving problems, listening to the market, and building relationships with customers/potential customers. Additionally, you will be working with the marketing department to create content and tell compelling data-drive stories through all social media channels, blogs, and third-party outlets. You will collaborate across marketing, production, and sales to optimize every aspect of content to sell CME's products and services!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform market research by identifying leads, comparing competitors, and creating lists for CME mailing campaigns
- Perform lead collection by identifying leads from Sales Navigator, The Blue Book Network, Web Visitor Analytics, etc. and placing them in a database
- Analyze and interpret raw data to reader demographics, visitors, click rates, and amount of time each visitor spends browsing
- Utilize of communication skills to collaborate with multiple different parties (peers, management, and audience)
- Conduct marketing outreach efforts by sending leads emails, messages on Linkedin, submissions to distributors, and mailers
- Email newsletter 1x every two weeks/monthly
- Social media posting on Hootsuite
- Author and promote blog/materials using SEO tactics
- Keep editorial calendar up to date as well as juggle competing due dates concurrently
- Produce high-quality blogs and documentation to engage an audience that meets applicable document and style guide standards and is appropriate for its intended audience. Develop/implement additional Style Sheets as required
- Coordinate with other staff to adequately illustrate materials
- Discuss with management their specific information needs for further information needed for successful completion of the documentation
- Other duties as assigned or required
- With resume, provide at least two writing samples illustrating technical writing aptitude
- Minimum completion of one year of coursework in a technical/scientific communication degree program. Prior work experience or internship work is highly desired
- Quick learner, ability to understand complex technical concepts, but with a talent for simplifying these concepts for a non-technical audience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills while working with all levels of management and staff in obtaining consensus on project requirements and deliverables
- Excellent written skills in English, and conformance to appropriate Style Guides, Style Sheets. Familiarity with style guides desired (e.g., Microsoft Manual of Style, Chicago Manual of Style, APA Style Guide, Modern Language Association (MLA), U.S. Government Printing Office (GPO) Style Manual, etc.)
- Mastery of Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat publishing
- Attention to detail, high degree of creativity and problem-solving ability; ability to plan and execute document authoring and production task requirements
- Demonstrated ability to react and respond positively to changing requirements based on user feedback, usability tests and executive review
- Experience as a college student mentor for Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) program is highly desired
Minimum Requirements Needed:
- High School or AA/AS degree (trade or tech school) from an Accredited College/University
- Pursuing a BS/MS in Marketing or another relevant field
- Coursework and general knowledge and understanding of marketing
- Positions with CME require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Successful Passage of Required Screenings & Tests: Background Check, Reference, Credit, and Drug Testing
- You have been completely vaccinated for COVID-19
Travel Percentage Required: Minimal & Usually Local to Vendors. 0% -5%
An award-winning Tampa Bay small business for two decades, Custom Manufacturing & Engineering, Inc. (CME®) delivers Engineering, manufacturing, test, and calibration/repair services to Government and Industry. Join us at CME, where one can "Use Our Expertise to Design & Build Your Solutions" CME's culture is embodied by Core Values that are focused on: Serving the customer while protecting CME, delivering quality products and services as required, solving problems, working with energy and passion, and encouraging and developing employees that challenge themselves.
As a strong supporter of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) and other select charitable initiatives, CME promotes and encourages employee community support to nonprofit organizations or educational institutions, especially for mentoring and school/student support. Most of CME's products and services are focused on the development and manufacturing of energy efficient and sustainable products such as more efficient power supplies, intelligent power distribution units, energy saving solar panels, and other electronic systems, end products, or components. (www.custom-mfg-eng.com).
CME is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a U.S. defense contractor CME is also subject to additional rules and regulations regarding the hiring of foreign persons. In compliance with U.S. federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States; CME cannot accept any person for employment who does not meet employment eligibility requirements, E-Verify verification, and/or is in the U.S. under a student (F1 and/or OPT, J1, orM1) and/or temporary work visa. For the purposes of clarification, the I-9 defines eligibility of an employee as a: U.S. citizen, permanent resident card or alien registration card (Form I-551), a person with a temporary I-551 stamp on their passport or U.S. immigrant visa, and/or passport from the Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) or Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI) with Forms I-94 or I-94A indicating nonimmigrant admissions under Compact of Free Association between the U.S. and FSM or RMI.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!