- Institutional Advancement Development
- Seward, NE, USA
- Competitive Midwest Private Religious University Rates
- Full Time
Health, Disability, Life Insurance, Retirement (pension & 403b), Health and Wellness activities, Tuition Waiver, great team environment!
Concordia University, Nebraska, a community of ministry partners is a thriving, private, coeducational institution of higher learning, founded in 1894 by The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. Concordia University's campus is located in Seward, Nebraska which has a classic small town community feel with access to the state's capital, just 30 minutes away. If you want to learn more about Concordia University, Nebraska and our ministry please visit www.cune.edu.
Concordia University is seeking a partner in ministry to fill the position of Concordia Fund Manager in the Office of Advancement.
Position Summary: The Concordia Fund Manager is responsible for developing, directing, and managing the Concordia Fund and all initiatives related to or in furtherance of the University's annual giving program, including the Weller Society for Leadership. As the tactical manager for the annual giving program, s/he will develop, create, and implement strategies to raise sustainable annual support to meet program goals in furtherance of the Office of Institutional Advancement's fundraising efforts.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Excellent oral and communication skills, including active listening skills.
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize.
- Energetic and positive professional who works well in a team environment and with others on specific tasks.
- Ability to maintain effective, consistent and constructive communication with Director of Advancement.
- Ability to stay self-motivated and work independently.
- Prior experience in fundraising and/or knowledge of Development/Advancement structure and process preferred.
- Proficient in use of social media platforms and software applications, databases, spreadsheets word-processing.
- Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS) background preferred.
- Manages the Concordia Fund to provide annual support for the University's operations through sustainable growth in dollars raised annually, including coordination of prospect development, direct mail, phonathon, giving days, and other means of solicitation, reporting and analysis.
- Develops a coordinated matrix of communication and solicitation strategies in furtherance of the annual giving program and implements same, both internally within Advancement and with outside vendors.
- Manages the Weller Society for Leadership, the University's annual giving society, and the policies, procedures, initiatives and strategies related thereto.
- Manages a portfolio of annual gift donors in person, by phone, and mail to cultivate, solicit, and steward relationships.
- Provides strategic direction and long-range/short-range planning for the annual giving program in furtherance and support of the University's greater development and campaign goals.
- Partners and collaborates with Advancement team members to carry out projects and achieve goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
When applying, please attach your resume and a cover letter.
Applications will be viewed upon receipt until position is filled.