POSITION: Human Resources Manager
LOCATION: Austin, Texas
Who we are: Cumby Group is a fully integrated design/build firm that specializes in select multi and single family construction projects in the central Texas area. At Cumby Group we are passionate about building a world class team, to support a world class product.
Position Summary: The Human Resources Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of administration, coordination, and evaluation of human resource practices and processes. In this role, you will drive our culture by formulating and leading initiatives to communicate, train, inspire and cultivate outstanding people in our organization.
Reporting Relationship: VP of People - Cumby Group, LLC
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional leadership across a spectrum of functions including talent acquisition, employment life cycle, cultural initiatives, and all day-to-day HR activities.
- Maintain HRIS system (Namely) including data entry, status changes, offer letters, reporting, and periodic audits.
- Employ stellar customer service and communication skills while serving as point of contact for general Human Resource inquiries.
- Partner with teammates on cultural initiatives such as candidate and new hire experiences, employee engagement programs, and special projects.
- Own recurring and special initiatives such as Open Enrollment, ACA compliance, audit requests, and related initiatives.
- Payroll Administration.
- Complete other duties and functions as required.
The Human Resources Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- General Microsoft Office Products
- Strong Customer Service skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Microsoft Office, HRIS systems.
- Logical decision-making abilities.
- Unbridled Support and Teamwork
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Understanding of budgeting and business operations.
- Understanding, Empathetic, Positive, Relatable, and Personable.
- Experience providing phenomenal HR service within small to mid-sized organizations.
- Passionate, positive, and trustworthy professional with 5+ years of related experience working within an HR Department.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR Certified)
- Hands-on experience directly supporting and administering Talent Acquisition life cycle processes.
- Hands-on expertise with navigating and managing HRIS, ATS, and related platforms.
- Foundational knowledge in employment laws to include Title VII, ADA, FMLA, USERRA, ADEA.
- Highly skilled in task prioritization.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Human Resources, or closely related field.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Cumby Group is an EEO employer as defined by the EEOC.