POSITION: Director of Land Acquisition and Entitlements
LOCATION: Austin, Texas
Who we are: Cumby Group is a fully integrated develop/design/build firm that specializes in both single family and multifamily development projects in the Central Texas Area. At Cumby Group we are passionate about building a world class team, to support a world class product.
Position Summary: The Director of Land Acquisition and Entitlements is responsible for managing key consultants through the preconstruction phase of development while collaborating with all internal teams, focusing on engineering and code compliance, from the initial concept to finalization.
Reporting Relationship: Vice President of Development Cumby Development
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage project schedule with various design consultants through preconstruction phase
- Collaborate with all internal teams and give relative feedback to design team
- Oversee due diligence on prospective projects to include review of preliminary budgets and schedules; review of site related reports, development orders and plat requirements; review and provide comments on engineering plans, plats, and landscape plans; interface with local government as needed to determine the viability of a project.
- Overall responsible for new project and product development initiatives with a goal of production readiness and commercialization.
- Manage proposed community improvements to include engineering and design, plan approvals, permitting, bidding, contractor selections and documentation, progress payments, and governmental acceptance of all public improvements
- Verify all project selections and elements meet plan specifications, functionality, code, and budget.
- Collaborate on project research and development.
- Ensure all product development activities are completed, documented, and prepared for the course of construction. Including but not limited to construction plan sets and specifications, utility design, site development permit, etc.
- Collaborate on product research and development.
- Constantly evaluate owner feedback throughout the development cycle and make appropriate changes if necessary.
- Participate in strategic project planning.
- Stay up to date with new developments, materials or processes for use in adaptations to company products.
- Provide ongoing progress updates on new development activities and other key indicators.
- Visit job sites for new product evaluation or to review existing product issues.
- Consistently evaluate owner feedback throughout the development cycle and make appropriate changes if necessary.
- Adhere to company policies and corporate procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Director of Civil Engineering should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Cross-functional Communication
- Microsoft Project 2016 software
- General Microsoft Office Products
- ProCore Project Management Software
- Multifamily Construction
- You value Execution, Unleashing Talent, Collaboration, Flexibility, Good Judgement, and Reliability.
- Strong background & knowledge of the multifamily construction industry.
- 5+ years' experience as a Civil Engineer, Account Manager, Account Executive or similar job function, either in an agency or corporate setting.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, construction, business or equivalent preferable.
- Experience with scheduling and organizing multiple projects.
- Strong background in project management.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EEO employer as defined by the EEOC.