POSITION: Project Manager
LOCATION: Austin, Texas
Who we are: Cumby Group is a fully integrated design/build firm that specializes in select multifamily construction projects in the Central Texas area. At Cumby Group, LLC we are passionate about building a world class team, to support a world class product.
Position Summary: The Project Manager provides management oversight for all phases of Multi-Family construction projects, including coordinating employees, subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being followed, and work is proceeding with quality, on schedule and within budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project that follows a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Tracks and controls construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of projects within time and monies allocated.
- Coordinates work of subcontractors working on various phases of multiple projects.
- Oversees performance of all trade contractors and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to make sure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
- Manages day to day operational and tactical aspects of multiple construction projects in a supervisory role
- Supervises assistant managers and jobsite superintendents, reviews their reports, checks on any reported difficulties, and corrects any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Administers Submittal Review process between Subcontractors/Suppliers and design team
- Reports to ownership and architects about progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated. Plans, implements, tracks and closeout / turnover of construction projects. Conducts project meetings.
- Manages day to day client interactions and expectations, directly or in a supervisory role
- Generates and issues regular internal and external project reporting through company software (Procore)
- Minimizes exposure and risk by implementing safety standards and audits safety standards and quality assurance controls
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability and project costs
- Manages to and achieves revenue goals set for projects
- Is responsible for proper administration of construction contracts and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
- Proactively identifies changes in project scope and ensures appropriate measures are taken
- Projects changes in scope and revenue
Reporting Relationship: Vice President Cumby Construction, LLC
The Project Manager should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- General Microsoft Office Products
- Microsoft Project 2016
- ProCore Project Management Software
- ERP software platforms
- Multifamily Construction
- Logical decision-making abilities.
- Unbridled Support and Teamwork
- Contract Negotiation
- Demand Planning
- Commodities Forecasting
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, expedite, follow through to project completion.
- You value Execution, Unleashing Talent, Collaboration, Flexibility, Good Judgement, and Reliability.
- 5+ years' experience in project scheduling and using scheduling software.
- 5+ years' experience as a Project Superintendent in the construction industry.
- 5+ years' experience in supply chain management, bachelor's degree in related discipline preferred.
- BS degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field preferred.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards.
- Strong knowledge of construction for proper sequence development and logic changes.
- Strong background & knowledge of the residential and multi-family construction industry.
- Strong leadership skills with even temperament & ability to solve problems.
- Experience with scheduling and organizing multiple projects.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
Cumby Group is an EEO employer as defined by the EEO.