POSITION: Staff Accountant
LOCATION: AUSTIN, TX
Who we are: Cumby Group is a fully integrated design/build firm that specializes in select multifamily and single-family construction projects in the central Texas area. At Cumby Group we are passionate about building a world class team, to support a world class product.
Position Summary: The Staff Accountant is responsible for carrying out the responsibilities for the accounting department as well as helping prepare financial documents needed by management.
Reporting Relationship: Controller
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure data integrity across all accounting and project related data entry functions
- Follow company's established accounting processes.
- Prepare reports and statements by gathering information from the ledgers within each department.
- Develop and maintain department budgets and associated reporting across multiple departments and projects.
- Develop standardized budget and cost adherence reporting.
- Develop spreadsheet reports by analyzing information.
- Issue monthly reporting on budget compliance and forecasted outcomes by project
- Continual development of company's accounting processes and practices in accordance with GAAP.
- Accrue expenses and prepare payments in order to reconcile various accounts.
- Input data into Sage 300 CRE and verify all data in the system routinely to ensure accuracy.
- Drive period and year end closing process and reporting.
- Assist in preparation and filing of all tax and regulatory documentation.
- Adhere to company policies and corporate procedures manual.
- Complete other duties and functions as required.
The Staff Accountant should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to think analytically.
- Well organized, accurate and with high attention to detail.
- Cooperative and willing to take the initiative to help others when possible.
- Proactive Problem Solving
- General Math Skills
- Sage 300 CRE
- Enterprise ERP and financial software systems
- Comprehensive knowledge of tax laws, GAAP, and SFAS rules
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting required.
- 5+ years of experience as an accountant; construction accounting preferred.
- 3+ of experience in Sage 300 CRE
- Experience with ProCore Project Management software is a plus.
- High level experience in Excel.
- Experience navigating multiple projects concurrently.
- Experience navigating multiple tasks during the workday.
- Experience with or high interest in real estate, property development, and construction a plus.
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Cumby Group is an EEO employer as defined by the EEOC.