Position: Warranty Maintenance Specialist (Property Customer Care)
Location: Austin, TX
Who we are: Cumby Group, LLC is a fully integrated develop/design/build firm that specializes multifamily development projects in the Central Texas Area. At Cumby Group, LLC we are passionate about building a world class team, to support a world class product.
Position Summary: The Warranty Maintenance Specialist provides a full range of preventative maintenance and repair services for our residents, as well as, building maintenance, and maintaining the physical integrity, cleanliness and upkeep of property grounds and facilities. The position provides excellent customer service, to prospective and current residents, at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain positive relations by creating and sustaining good will with residents and by providing consistently responsive quality services.
- Provide assistance to marketing and leasing personnel as needed.
- Preventative maintenance and repair work per work order requirement.
- Perform general plumbing maintenance on existing systems (e.g. unclog toilets and drains, repair leaks in drains and faucets, replace toilets and faucet fixtures as needed).
- Perform minor electrical maintenance as allowed without a license within state law requirements (e.g. repair or replacement of fixtures, wall switches, and outlets. Replace light bulbs, ballasts and sockets if necessary).
- Perform general painting, carpentry work, (e.g. repair a hole in dry-wall, prep the area, and match the paint to present a uniform and original like new appearance to maintain our resident's homes in like new condition).
- Complete service inspections and asset inspections as needed.
- Create and submit service reports and quality inspection images.
- Creates a positive climate with residents, provides and generates customer satisfaction.
- Maintains timely and consistent communications with vendors and team members.
- Obtains and completes required safety and compliance training.
- Provides estimates for larger projects and services needed.
- Daily local travel between properties.
- Completes other duties as assigned or required.
The Maintenance Technician should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Multi-Family Construction
- General Microsoft Office Products
- Skilled in various type general carpentry, painting, minor electrical, minor plumbing, working both inside and outside.
- Experience performing building maintenance or in trades associated with new construction.
- Working knowledge of commercial maintenance skills.
- Knowledge of and broad experience in general maintenance techniques and repair work.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Unbridled Support
- Logical decision-making abilities.
- Ability to adapt to changes.
- You value Execution, Unleashing Talent, Collaboration, Flexibility, Good Judgement, and Reliability.
- High school diploma or Degree/Certification, or equivalent professional experience in Landscaping, Trades (Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, etc.).
- Must possess applicable certifications, licenses, and valid driver's license in good standing.
- Two to five years mechanical experience, including electrical, plumbing, carpentry; or equivalent combination of training, education and experience. Past background in landscape, janitorial or construction-related services industry highly preferred.
- Proficient skills in operating various hand tools, power equipment, commercial machinery, and tools of the maintenance trade.
- Ability to provide input to develop and implement corrective actions.
- Complete assigned work orders in a timely manner and communicate work order status via designated business process.
- Ability to work in inclement weather.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions including, but not limited to, safety policies and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in individual and small group settings.
- Ability to maintain records, maintenance work order data and logs.
- Availability to respond to resident's needs during non-business hours (may be required to be on-call.)
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
- Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Cumby Group is an EEO employer as defined by the EEOC.