The MEN'S AND WOMEN'S SWIMMING AND DIVING GRADUATE ASSISTANT - PROGRAM OPERATIONS is responsible for assisting the head coach in all facets of a successful intercollegiate MEN'S AND WOMEN'S SWIMMING AND DIVING program within the framework of the mission of the university and the intercollegiate athletic department. These include, however, are not limited to recruitment, academic monitoring, instruction and the spiritual development of all student-athletes. All activities of this position are to contribute to the fulfillment of the mission of the university and the intercollegiate athletic department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES for the Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving GRADUATE ASSISTANT - PROGRAM OPERATIONS
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the coordination of logistics and operations related to team competition during our six month season (Sep-Feb). This is primarily an office-focused position:
- Creation and submission of transportation requests to appropriate personnel..
- Identification of and securing hotel reservations for team travel.
- Identification of restaurants and creation of menu plans for 55 athletes and coaches on travel trips.
- Collection of and appropriate sorting of data and information from team members, parents and alumni.
- Collection of and appropriate sorting of swim meet results data utilizing software program (training provided).
- Submission of required forms to specific departments for Recruit Day events. Will include emailing prospective student-athletes and collecting required information from them.
- Be available to support the swim and dive team at home meet competitions with a variety of administrative responsibilities that will be explained in detail.
To assist the head coach in all components of a successful/winning program within the framework of the mission of the university and the intercollegiate athletic department.
- Read and follow all provisions as outlined by the policies and procedures manual of the intercollegiate athletic department.
- Know NCAA-PCSC rules and regulations to ensure compliance with departmental, university, conference and national policies.
- Assist in recruitment of student-athletes in accordance with university, department, and conference requirements and policies.
- Ensure student-athletes are positive Christian representatives of the university mission at all times.
- Promote unity within the athletic department by working in cooperation together and by supporting all university personnel.
To assist the head coach in establishing an environment in which student-athletes develop as well as grow spiritually, academically, socially, and athletically.
- Maintain the development and welfare of the student-athlete as the number one priority of the program.
- Ensure academic success, focusing on classroom achievement and graduation requirements.
- Provide leadership that promotes positive Christian attitudes and good sportsmanship with all student-athletes.
- Work with student-athletes in a fair, understanding, tolerant, sympathetic, and patient manner.
To assist the head coach in developing, establishing, and maintaining a successful/winning program within the framework of the mission of the university and the intercollegiate athletic department. Where appropriate:
- Develop teamwork, respect, sportsmanship, courtesy, fair play, academic excellence and strict adherence to rules of training and conduct.
- Conduct yourself in all facets of your work according to the highest standards of the profession and university expectations at all times.
Perform all other duties and/or responsibilities as needed and/or as assigned by the head coach, athletic director, associate athletic director and/or university administration.
- As needed, support home events as assigned by the athletic director.
- Assist in recruitment of quality student-athletes-"A Concordia Fit"
- Assist in Program and Department fundraising activities.
Required Skills and Certifications:
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally to a diverse group of constituents including student-athletes, coaches, and administrators.
- Proficient with Google Gmail, Documents and Spreadsheets
- Proficient in Hy-Tek Team Manager (will be trained))