Under general supervision, coordinates the services offered through the Nursing Skills Laboratory involving the preparation and breakdown of nursing simulations, maintaining the skills laboratory supplies and equipment, and performing related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or a related field (ie: Life Sciences)
- Proficiency in computer operations and utilization of audio/visual equipment
- Proficiency in demonstrating technical and assessment skills and related scientific rationale
- Demonstrates good organizational skills
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology and working with medical equipment and supplies preferred
- Prepare and breakdown instructional laboratory simulation sessions in all areas of clinical nursing skills with direction from Simulation Coordinator.
- Manage the nursing skills laboratory including posting of hours of operation each semester, coordinating faculty and students utilizing the laboratory, ensuring safety measures in the operation of laboratory.
- Maintain order, cleanliness and appropriate storage in the skills laboratory.
- Maintain database records of all holdings in the Nursing Skills Laboratories. (example: accounts receivable files on supply consumables and major/minor equipment.)
- Order supplies and equipment for the skills laboratories necessary to keep up-to-date with the hospitals; evaluate currency of equipment and state-of-the-art market offerings available for replacements, solicit supplies from outside agencies and organizations.
- Evaluate laboratory equipment functioning and report issues of wear and tear, safety and malfunction to Simulation Coordinator.
- Coordinate lab laundry services for pickup and delivery.
- Coordinate pick up for removal of sharps containers.
- Maintain equipment in working order and perform routine maintenance.
- Collaborative professionally with faculty, staff, and students
- Participate in Department of Nursing faculty meetings as needed.
Sign Up For Job Alerts!