- 30-Aug-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Albany, NY, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Retirement Plan, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick/Personal Time, Life Insurance, amongst others.
C.T. Male Associates, a multi-discipline surveying, engineering, and architectural firm in the Northeast, is seeking to fill a Survey/Laser Scanner Technician position in our Latham, NY office. Come collaborate with a team of technical professionals and join a community that will strive to help you reach your greatest potential.
As a Survey/Laser Scanner Technician at C.T. Male Associates, you will coordinate all aspects of Laser Scanner Services. You must have complete knowledge of Laser Scanner terminology, hardware, and software. This full-time position offers a competitive compensation package as well as advancement opportunities.
- Setup and execute field procedures, review data, recognize errors, perform computations, and implement procedures, including quality control and quality assurance.
- Plan and schedule office and field operations for GPS, Laser Scanner, and conventional survey projects.
- Utilize Leica Geosystems HDS Cyclone Mapping/Modeling software to process and manage point cloud data and transfer data into AutoCAD Civil 3D for mapping purposes.
- Prepare boundary computations under the direction of a Licensed Land Surveyor.
- Secure information from Public Corporations, Government Agencies, utility companies and other surveyors including deed research.
- Direct and instruct Survey field staff engaged in making various types of field surveys.
- Understand and protract deeds, maps, and easements with all proper notations.
- Perform computations for construction stakeout to include horizontal curves, vertical curves, house/lot stakeout and utility data.
- Perform mathematical calculations to establish and locate property corners, vertical and horizontal reference points, and staking for construction projects.
- Be able to download a GPS receiver/data collector and process the collected data in Trimble Business Center.
- A.A.S. Degree in Surveying Technology or certificate from college or technical school; and five plus (5+) years related experience and/or equivalent combination of training, education and/or experience.
- Complete knowledge of surveying and laser scanner terminology.
- Knowledge of compatible uses of conventional methods and GPS.
- Full understanding of contour plotting.
- Current Remote UAV Pilot Part 107 Certificate is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with utility mapping.
- Ability to comfortably lift and walk several feet carrying up to 75 lbs. of equipment.
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training is a plus.
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Health and Safety training is a plus.
- Valid driver's license.
Come join a company where your talents and motivation are rewarded.
At C.T. Male Associates, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills, and views. Our intent is to foster an environment where people of different backgrounds can contribute at their highest level and where their differences can make a positive impact on our firm, our clients, and our communities.
C.T. Male Associates is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We invite all qualified applicants to be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the law.