- 27-Jul-2021 to Until Filled (EST)
- Latham, NY, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Retirement Plan, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick/Personal Time, Life Insurance, amongst others.
Collaborate with a team of technical professionals and join a community that will strive to help you reach your greatest potential. C.T. Male Associates, a multi-discipline surveying, engineering, and architectural firm in the Northeast, is seeking to fill a Survey Crew Chief position in our Latham, NY office. This full-time position offers a competitive compensation package as well as advancement opportunities.
As a Crew Chief at C.T. Male, you will be responsible for boundary, topographic, utility, and construction survey work. You will also perform laser scanning surveys, drone surveys and bathymetric surveys for a wide variety of clients. You will be responsible for the crew and oversee other crew members.
- Perform survey work involving boundary, topographic, utility, construction, laser scanning, GPS, and other surveys.
- Instruct, manage, and direct an Instrument Operator engaged in making field surveys, using survey notes, maps, deeds, plots and plats, property lines, subdivision monuments, etc.
- Verify the accuracy of measurements taken by your crew; keep accurate records, notes, and sketches of the work performed.
- Prepare, practice and execute all Health and Safety Procedures, for yourself and all employees under your supervision, as per the firm's policies.
- Secure information from Public Corporations, Government Agencies, and other surveyors, including deed research.
- Associates Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school with three plus (3+) years of relevant experience and/or training or the equivalent combination.
- A full working knowledge of Boundary Law and experience in boundary & topographic surveys.
- Expert utilization knowledge of Data Collectors & Total Stations.
- Willingness and ability to travel routinely, including overnight stays.
- Leadership skills, including readiness to mentor junior staff.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to comfortably lift and walk several feet carrying up to 75 lbs. of equipment.
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER training is a plus.
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Health and Safety training is a plus.
- Current Remote UAV Pilot Part 107 Certificate is a plus.
Come join a company where your talents and motivation are rewarded; please apply at the provided link.
EOE, including disability/vets