Crest View Senior Communities is a faith-based not for profit organization looking for positive and compassionate housekeeping aide to serve older adults at our Columbia Heights campus.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Graduate or equivalent or working toward diploma. Sixteen years of age or older. Institutional housekeeping experience preferred. Must have good attendance, be a reliable and caring person with desire to work with seniors. Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job. Basic knowledge of infection control standards according to federal, state and local standards. Knowledge of proper housekeeping procedures,
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to read typewritten document. Must have ability to communicate with residents, staff and volunteers. Strength and mobility to lift weight to 50 lbs., Do repeated bending, squatting, stooping, sitting, or prolonged walking and standing, climbing, pushing-pulling movements.
- Treat residents, families, staff, volunteers and visitors with respect at all times.
- Use safety measures for residents and self at all times.
- Awareness of emergency protocols (i.e. weather, fire, disaster).
- Overall cleanliness of the facility.
- Follow policies and procedures for routine cleaning schedules.
- Uses correct handwashing techniques and follows infection control practices.
- Reports on duty as specified time.
- Wears the official uniform, including name tag.
- Maintains adequate supplies in bathrooms.
- Practices personal hygiene. Is clean and well-groomed.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service education programs.
- Maintains good public relationships with residents, families, staff, volunteers and visitors.
- Washes entire resident units upon discharge.
- Washes walls and handrails as necessary.
- Cleans equipment as assigned.
- Maintains a commitment as part of the organization and staff consistent with the philosophy, goals and Christian objectives of our mission.
- Performs all of the above duties plus any other duties not specifically designated that may be requested or necessary.