- Vancouver, WA, USA
- 25.70-39.84 per hour Shift Differential for Graveyard, Overtime, Double Time
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Public Employee Retirement System, 457 Deferred Comp, Sick (4hrs/mo) & PTO (14hr/mo). We do not contribute to Social Security.
We are hiring trainees to become 911 Emergency Communication Call Takers and Dispatchers! No experience necessary, we train! This posting will be ongoing until we fill open positions.
CRESA provides training to become a 911 Call Taker and/or Dispatcher. We first provide training for the 311 and 911 Emergency Communication Call Takers and after successful completion will be placed in that position then later offered opportunity to promote and train to become a police and/or fire dispatcher. Candidates will be placed into positions and schedules based on availability and seniority. Communication Call Takers main functions are to answer and process 311 non-emergent requests from both citizens and user agencies, answer and process 911 calls, and perform Emergency Medical Dispatch for callers with medical response needs. In addition to all 911 Call Taking duties, 911 Communications Dispatchers also dispatch police, fire and medical services. Schedules for Dispatch Positions are rotating 4 days on 4 days off with shifts of 10.25hrs. Schedule for Call Takers are set (not rotating) that is any combination of 4 days 10hrs or 5 days 8hrs. Overtime is assigned in 2 hour blocks.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be at least 18 years or older
Must be able to legally work in the United States
One or more years full-time work experience with intensive customer interaction preferred.
Excellent communication skills.
Excellent computer skills, knowledge and experience. Ability to monitor 4+ computer screens. Accurate and rapid data entry.
Proven critical thinking skills.
Ability to memorize and recall details, codes and procedures. Attention to detail is essential.
Ability to work all days and hours. Including but not limited to swing, graveyard, weekends, holidays and overtime.
Ability to pass background investigation. Felony convictions are disqualifying.
Please read the full job description for details on essential job responsibilities.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement (PERS), paid time off, sick time off and much more! See our website for details https://s37b11.a2cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/2022.Benefit-Summary-for-CRESA-Represented.2022.pdf
Our pay scales are also on our website at https://s37b11.a2cdn1.secureserver.net/wp-content/uploads/2022-Represented-Pay-Plan.revised040122.pdf
Below is our selection process:
- Application Screening- (Pass/Fail) - All applicants must complete a job application (not just submit a resume) and meet the minimum job qualifications. Candidates who do not meet these qualifications will be notified.
- Felony conviction are disqualifying
- Unavailable to work weekends, holidays, overtime, graveyard and swing are disqualifying
- Unable to type over 20 words per minute is disqualifying
- Recruitment Orientation of 911 Call Taking Dispatch- (required) within 2 weeks of application deadline qualified candidates will receive an email invitation to this presentation and an acknowledgement form verifying the reviewed the video and their availability to work shifts and days.
- CritiCall Examination- (Required - Pass/Fail, then ranked score) - occurs approximately 2 weeks after step 2. CritiCall is a computerized job skills test focused on data entry speed and accuracy, working memory, multi-tasking, decision making and following instructions. Candidates are generally notified of their CritiCall score within 2 weeks after completing exam.
- Panel Interview- (Required - Pass/Fail, may be scored 65 and higher is passing) -CRESA conducts oral panel interviews. Eligible candidates will receive an invitation after all candidates complete Criticall Testing.
- Dispatch "Sit-Along"- (Required - Pass/Fail) Candidates that pass the panel interview will be notified when to schedule a 2 hour "sit along" with a 911 Call-Taker Dispatcher. Sit-Alongs evaluate candidates for their engagement and cultural fit.
- Final Interview - (Scored, must receive at least 65% or higher to pass) -CRESA conducts behavioral and situational interview with Assistant Operations Manager, Deputy Director or one of their designees. Eligible candidates will receive an invitation - dates to be determined.
- Test Ranking (Optional) - If there are 15 or more eligible candidates that have completed the above within the same time period of 2 weeks, they may be ranked based on their interview score (60%) and criticall score (40%), to determine the top candidates that may immediately proceed to the Conditional Job Offer and post offer process.
- Conditional Job Offer- (Required) - When a vacancy is available, the candidate will receive a conditional job offer of employment, contingent upon successfully passing the post-offer processes.
- Background Investigation- (Pass / Fail) - Requires detailed Personal History form and comprehensive background investigation with elements including but not limited to candidate's employment history, education, job and personal references, criminal history, driving record check, etc. Felony convictions are disqualifying.
- Medical & Psychological Evaluation-(Pass / Fail) - Psychological evaluation to determine suitability for job tasks and responsibilities, general medical examinations, and drug test.
- Fingerprinting and III Investigation (Clear / No Clear) - Final authorization to be cleared to work on Criminal Justice Information System which is part of the job responsibilities.
- Eligible List Ranking- (Ranked scoring) - Eligible candidates that complete all selection steps above and hired on the same date will be ranked based on 40% of their test scores and 60% of the last interview score.
- Hire Date, Training and Probation- (Pass/Fail) - Average training duration ranges from 8-12 months then after passing training there is a 4 month probation period.
- Reapplication Process- Applicants removed or withdrawn from the recruitment are eligible to reapply during any future recruitment, unless
- Applicant withdraws during, fails or is removed from Background Investigation, Post-Offer processes or Training / Probation. (Ineligible to reapply in future);
- Applicant takes and fails CritiCall examination three (3) separate times (3 year suspension);
- Applicant participates in and fails Initial or Final Interview two (2) times will be subject to 3 year suspension of applying. If participant fails Initial or Final Interview four (4) times they will be ineligible to reapply;
- Exceptions to this policy will be made at the Director's discretion.