- Chandler, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Medical, dental, life, std, ltd, matching 401(k), profit sharing.
Crafco, Inc. has an opening for a Design Engineer located at their manufacturing facility in Chandler, Arizona, reporting to the Engineering Manager.
The Design Engineer is responsible for all equipment-related changes, updates, testing, bid specifications, product manual updates, and maintaining existing product lines. The position will use 2D and 3D CAD Modeling software to update mechanical designs and drawings/schematics using verbal instructions, customer specifications, sales and customer feedback and other Engineering data. The successful candidate will work independently and with other Engineers and Managers on both large and small projects.
Equipment Design Engineer's duties include but are not limited to the following and may change over time:
- Edit various drawings using Solid Edge 3D and AutoCAD 2D software following standard manufacturing and engineering procedures.
- Hands on participation in the construction of engineering samples and first article production components and assemblies.
- Run tests in accordance with DOE procedure.
- Provide assistance to Engineering Manager and other engineers as required.
- Provide technical support to Materials Manager and Production Supervisor as required.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to customers as required.
- Update existing drawings as necessary due to changes in design or manufacturing requests.
- Work on Operator manuals, both new and existing or other literature as needed by Equipment Engineering Manager.
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally.
Must possess a mechanical engineering degree or equivalent from a minimum of 2 years in college or trade school, but 4 years is preferred, related experience considered.
Minimum 3 years experience in mechanical design and application within the industries of industrial/heavy machinery, construction equipment, automotive or aerospace.
Minimum 3 years experience with 3D CAD software creating solids, assemblies and engineering drawings. Solid Edge is preferred, but Solid Works or the equivalent is acceptable.
Must have experience with GD&T and ANSI drawing standards. Must have 3 years experience with design for fabrication and be familiar with welding and various assembly procedures. Must have experience with ERP or MRP software, preferably SAP.
Must be a self-starter and proficient with typical office computer operations.
This position is an exempt class. Crafco, Inc. provides excellent benefits: medical, dental, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, matching 401(k), and profit sharing.
We are an EEO Employer and drug-free workplace.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements. Any employment offer is contingent upon a pre-employment physical, drug test, background and MVR check.
About Crafco, Inc:
Crafco delivers confidence through innovation, quality, and value since 1976. Crafco is the world's leading manufacturer in quantity and diversity of packaged pavement preservation products for asphalt and concrete such as hot-pour crack and joint sealants, hot-pour mastics, and cold-mix for pavement surface patching and repair. Crafco is the only company to manufacture these types of products and the equipment to apply them. The Crafco pavement preservation products have proven through long-and short-term independent studies, to extend the service life of pavement, and can help extend the life of other types of pavement surface treatments. Crafco also manufactures silicone, geocomposites and other pavement preservation materials and equipment. Crafco is proud to manufacture products in the USA with manufacturing locations nationwide and abroad.