- Provo, UT, USA
- Full Time
Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedule
COS Accounting & Tax in Provo, UT is seeking to hire a full-time Payroll Manager. Are you looking for a growing firm to build your career with? Are you passionate about doing the right thing for our clients? If so, read on!
We pay a competitive salary of $60,000-$75,000 DOE. Our payroll team also enjoys monthly lunch and learns, quarterly activities, ice cream social on Thursdays, 2 weeks of PTO (one during Christmas and one in July) as well as additional PTO. If this sounds like the opportunity you've been searching for, apply today!
ABOUT COS ACCOUNTING & TAX
COS Accounting & Tax provides unparalleled personalized accounting services to a broad range of clients across the nation. We specialize in helping 1099 employees set up LLCs & S-Corps to help them save on taxes. We also offer any accounting service their small business may need, including payroll, bookkeeping, backdating, and more.
We are a new start-up with an open door policy and a family-oriented atmosphere. We listen and value our employees' input and ideas. Although we have several different departments, we are always striving to work as TEAM. In addition to our great work environment, our team also enjoys competitive compensation and benefits.
The ideal candidate is experienced in leading and growing a Payroll department and is passionate about improving payroll processes. The ideal candidate is a hands-on manager, who is expected to run day to day payroll operations, support new and existing clients, and drive process standardization and improvement in the controls for payroll. We are looking for someone who ensures process efficiency and effectiveness. The candidate will have a strong knowledge of US payroll including compliance with Federal and State taxes. This role will be part of the Management team at COS Accounting & Tax, and will lead and manage a small team in office.
This position will oversee a small team processing live-payroll and after-the-fact payroll for 1500+ clients.
- Payroll process: Manage U.S.payroll processing and compliance, analysis of payrolls, work closely with the payroll software vendors and accounting teams on various quarterly accounting close activities including account review, and reconciliations.
- Overall management and analysis of payroll operations and related activities that ensure compliance with U.S. for single member S-corp after-the-fact payroll clients and live-payroll clients. Ensure proper processes are followed, tax forms are submitted on time and correctly, and taxes paid for each client.
- Employee coordination: Educate and counsel employees on payroll compliance and processes.
- Escalated Payroll Tax Compliance: Responsible for resolving
- Payroll policies and procedures: Maintain and develop payroll processes, policies and procedures to ensure proper internal controls, efficiency and a great employee and client experience.
- Partnerships: Work with external payroll software partners to resolve issues and maintain relationships.
- Special Projects: Provide support and services as needed to support accounting firm.
- Minimum of 3 years experience end-to-end payroll processing
- Experience with US payroll is required
- CPP designation preferred, or working toward CPP certification.
- Process Oriented: Strong understanding of payroll processes and best practices.
- A self-starter and excellent people manager and team player
- Technical skills: Thorough knowledge of payroll-related state, legal, tax, and compliance requirements.
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communication skills needed.
- Ability to operate in a fast paced, and rapidly growing organization.