- Global Relationships and Resources
- Washington, DC, USA
- Regular Full -Time
About Corus: Corus International is the parent of a family of world-class organizations and a global leader in international development, with 150 years of combined experience across our companies. We are an inclusive organization who believes diversity and differences only make us stronger. We are disruptive because by challenging convention, we innovate and maximize the good we can do in the world. We promote interconnectedness because complex problems require comprehensive, integrated solutions. And we are agile, because the world changes rapidly and we move at the speed of change. Our more than 800 employees around the globe are experts in their fields and dedicated to helping the world's most vulnerable people break the poverty cycle and lead healthy lives.
At Corus we value every employee's specialized area of expertise and nurture professional growth. We promote an engaging and supportive work environment, where employees feel enabled and driven to innovate, learn and collaborate. And because our companies often function as partners, our employees have the opportunity to work across our enterprise family.
Corus is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our worldwide workplace, and we believe that social justice and respect for the human dignity of every person are fundamental to all we do as an organization.
Further details about the organization can be found at: https://corusinternational.org
What you'll do:
As Manager, Graphic Design you will deliver high-impact, best-in-class print, digital and motion design for Corus International. You'll work directly with colleagues from across the organization to develop concepts that meet business goals and deadlines, delivering on an array of print and digital media, including publications, signage, web, advertisements, infographics, presentations and motion graphics, and you'll be our primary designer for social media graphics.
You will function as if working in an agency setting, designing for multiple brands and reaching wide and varied audiences, from international development professionals to charitable donors to consumers. You will support marketing and fundraising efforts that distinguish and elevate the brands.
Location: Baltimore, Minneapolis/St. Paul or Washington, DC preferred
About The Ideal Candidate:
You are a brilliant designer with a portfolio that demonstrates your passion for composition, hierarchy and visual storytelling. You pride yourself on your versatility and you feel most productive when you have the opportunity to design for a multitude of channels. You want your career and talents to make a positive and lasting difference in the world, and you want to work with a like-minded team.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic or digital design or related field of study.
- At least five years of graphic design experience.
- Portfolio of diverse, standout designs indicating superior artistic talent and skills. Portfolio should demonstrate a passion for composition, hierarchy, and visual storytelling through design and an understanding of and appreciation for typography and how to use it effectively. Please include a link to portfolio on resume.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Cloud software, including apps for both digital and traditional production.
- Expert with both print and digital design media and how to intersect the two.
- Ability to distill highly technical subject matter into clear and meaningful infographics.
- Understanding of printing methods and print production with experience working directly with production vendors.
- Experience in web design and with open-source CMS (Wordpress, Drupal).
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, word processing, email and web browser software.
- Experience developing animations and motion graphics a plus.
- Agency experience a plus.
- Familiarity with video editing software a plus.
- Experience in non-profit, cause-related or donor-centric marketing preferred.
Why You Should Apply: Corus offers competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses, 100% employer paid vision insurance, lots of paid leave, generous retirement program, flexible work schedules and so much more!
Apply today! We'd love to meet you!