- Business Development
- Kampala, UGA
- Regular Full -Time
Technical Director, Integrated Health Service Delivery - Uganda Health Activity
In anticipation of a new multi-year, multi-sectoral USAID-funded "Uganda Health Activity", IMA World Health/Corus International is seeking a Technical Director, Integrated Health Service Delivery (IHSD).
Corus International is a family of organizations which believes that those who were born into impossible circumstances deserve the opportunity for a better life. Corus was formed through the strategic merger of IMA World Health (operating as a public health organization since 1960), and Lutheran World Relief (operating as a livelihoods organization since 1945), and today includes the smaller entities of Charlie Goldsmith Associates, Ground Up Investing, and Farmers Market Coffee. Corus International works in over 20 countries in Africa, the Middle East, and Latin America, with a primary focus on health, livelihoods, and emergency response.
The Uganda Health Activity (UHA) aims to increase access to, and use of quality healthcare services, and to improve the performance of the health system at subnational levels in priority districts. Intended high-level results include: 1) improved access to and use of quality health services in maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH), family planning (FP), reproductive health (RH), nutrition, water-sanitation-hygiene (WASH), and infection prevention and control (IPC) at the facility and community levels; 2) enhanced local ownership and leadership for sustainable health outcomes; and 3) strengthened health system resilience at the regional, district, and community-levels. UHA also will strengthen the capacity of local PEPFAR implementing partners (IPs) to lead and sustain the epidemic response as part of sustainability efforts.
The Technical Director, IHSD will be responsible for technical oversight of integrated health service delivery and TA activities for MNCH, FP/RH, nutrition, and WASH at the facility and community level. The Technical Director, IHSD reports directly to the COP and works in tandem with the Technical Director, HIV/AIDS and HSS. This position will take a leadership role in ensuring UHA meets stated integrated health service delivery goals, quality standards, and reporting requirements. The Technical Director, IHSD also will coordinate among USAID, donors, other health IPs, and numerous GoU institutions and representatives, particularly at the regional and district level, for integrated health service delivery activities. The proposed candidate must fulfill the position requirements detailed below.
Actual hiring is contingent upon successful agreement award and USAID approval. Nationals of Uganda are strongly encouraged to apply.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills
- Master's degree or other advanced degree (PhD, MD) in a relevant field, such as medicine, public health, or social sciences
- At least seven years of experience in managing and/or implementing integrated health service delivery or technical assistance programming addressing MNCH, FP/RH, nutrition, and WASH in a similar context, with at least three of those years working in Uganda as a senior advisor or staff member
- Experience and expertise in evidence-based facility- or community-based MNCH, FP/RH, nutrition, and/or WASH service delivery approaches
- Ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with a broad range of public and private sector counterparts, donors, and other key stakeholders
- Experience supervising technical staff in the implementation of integrated health programming
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and English language oral presentation skills
- Clinical qualification (MD, clinical officer, nurse, midwife, or other cadres)
- Previous experience working on USG-funded health programming in Uganda
- Experience designing or implementing gender- and/or youth-sensitive health programming
- Expertise in strengthening quality of care and/or QI for MNCH, FP, nutrition, or WASH
LWR/Corus International is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). As such, Corus makes employment decisions and provides equal employment opportunity without regard to an applicant's or employee's race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, and local laws. If you need a reasonable accommodation in the application or hiring process, please notify Corus's Human Resources department.