- International Programs
- DC, USA
- Regular Full -Time
The Sr. Program Associate works in close collaboration and under the oversight of the Program Manager to ensure that MIHR deliverables are achieved.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support meeting coordination and scheduling including taking minutes during meetings and circulating notes and/or action items following meetings.
- Event planning for the team; schedule and coordinate meetings and retreats
- Ensure that HQ and country staff are on listservs as appropriate.
- Review and routine contracts such as office leases, technical service agreements, and memoranda of understanding.
- Assist with travel concurrence process for staff and MIHR-sponsored travelers.
- Support staff in booking travel and obtaining visas.
- Ensure trip reports are received, reviewed, edited, and documented; and submits to Program Manager for final approval before submission.
- Assist with procurement process, including processing consultant agreements, vendor payments, and purchase orders for materials and equipment and works closely with Grants and Contracts (G/C) team to ensure prior approvals are received.
- Assist with financial management processes, including processing QuickBooks and wiring money to country office
- Support recruitment of field staff.
Project Reporting Support & Coordination
- Support the coordination of planning, execution, documentation, and coordination of MOMENTUM work planning processes.
- Support workplan and budget development process.
- Coordinate production of MOMENTUM reports for internal and external use.
- Facilitate completion/review of quarterly/annual progress reports and technical reports. Work with KM Advisor to ensure that resources are consistently made available on project webpage, ensure country page is maintained and updated
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
EDUCATION: A Bachelor's in in public health, public administration, or other health-related field is required. A Master's degree is desired.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 3-5 years of experience with an international development or relief organization supporting or implementing international development projects/programs is needed. Demonstrated experience in office administration is needed.
Experience and/or track record of developing and maintaining productive working relationships with consortiums, host country counterparts and NGO/FBO/CBO actors.
LANGUAGE: Fluency in English with professional proficiency in oral/reading/writing communication skills is required. Additional French or Spanish language is an advantage.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Deep commitment to Corus' core values; ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
- Ability to be accurate and attentive to detail in project tracking and monitoring, writing, editing, typing, and filing.
- Demonstrated experience in research and issue analysis and experience with grant making and proposal writing preferred. Knowledge of global public health issues.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and carry out multiple tasks efficiently under pressure and with little supervision; ability to accept supervision.
- Highly proficient in using Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, and web browser software.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to be both a team leader and a team player and to work with people of varied backgrounds.
- Advanced cross-cultural sensitivity, including experience working with professional and support staff in a multicultural, multi-linguistic environment
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, less than 5% of the time, to countries where MOMENTUM works. Travel may be to countries that are experiencing political instability and have poor infrastructure including poor road conditions, limited amenities and poor housing accommodations. In addition, the travel may be to countries where infectious diseases or vector-borne diseases are present. Travel may be required to locales that experience extreme temperatures (either hot or cold) and high altitudes.
Why You Should Apply: Corus offers competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses, 100% employer paid Vision insurance, lots of paid leave, generous retirement program, flexible work schedules and so much more!
Call to action:
- Apply for immediate consideration.
If you have any questions about our open positions, reach out to TalentAcquisition@CorusInternational.org.
Corus International prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by U.S. or International law.