- External Relations and Engagement
- St Paul, MN, USA
- Regular Full -Time
About Corus: Corus International is the parent of a family of world-class organizations working to deliver the holistic, lasting solutions needed to end extreme poverty once and for all. We are a global leader in international development, with 150 years of combined experience across our brands. Our nonprofit and for-profit subsidiaries include IMA World Health and its fundraising brand Corus World Health, Lutheran World Relief, CGA Technologies, Ground Up Investing, and Farmers Market Brands. Our more than 800 employees around the globe are experts in their fields and dedicated to helping the world's most vulnerable people break the cycle of poverty and lead healthy lives.
At Corus we believe that good only grows stronger and we reflect that belief in our workplace culture. We value every employee's specialized area of expertise and nurture professional growth. We promote an engaging and supportive work environment, where employees feel enabled and driven to innovate, learn and collaborate. And because our subsidiaries often function as partners, our employees have the opportunity to work across our enterprise family.
Corus is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our worldwide workplace, and we believe that social justice and respect for the human dignity of every person are fundamental to all we do as an organization.
Further details about the organization can be found at: https://corusinternational.org
About The Ideal Candidate: You are a masterful writer and storyteller who can move and engage people through words and copy. You pride yourself on your versatility and you feel most productive when you have the opportunity to craft content for a multitude of channels, brands and audiences. You have a remarkable ability to process varying perspectives, and you absorb information as brilliantly as you write. You want your career and talents to make a positive and lasting difference in the world and you want to work with a like-minded team.
What you'll do:
As the Senior Manager, Storytelling and Content you will expertly create and manage content for the Corus International family. You'll be lead writer for fundraising organizations within the Corus family, including Lutheran World Relief and Corus World Health. Through donor-centric storytelling and on-brand brilliant copywriting, you will be central to our ability to meet fundraising goals. The Senior Manager, Storytelling and Content is part of our Marketing and Communications team and reports to the Director, Content and Integrated Marketing.
- Write copy for a range of media and channels, including websites, blogs, congregational engagement resources, advertisements, newsletters/magazines, social media posts, video scripts, marketing emails, and donor proposals and impact reports.
- Serve as one of Corus' primary content and copy editors.
- Assist in the development of marketing and communications strategies that support fundraising goals, reflect and reinforce the value proposition of each brand, and position the organizations as best-in-class.
- Develop systems for extracting the most compelling content by building and maintaining relationships with staff across the organization and traveling to project sites as necessary.
Location: Baltimore, Minneapolis/St. Paul or Washington, DC preferred
- Bachelor's degree in English, communications or related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in non-profit, cause-related or for-profit marketing with a record of accomplishments and results.
- Experience in fundraising communications strongly preferred.
- Masterful writer with strong fundamental skills as well as demonstrated creative capabilities. Brilliant copywriter and wordsmith, with the ability to craft language for multiple brands and audiences. Second round applicants will be asked to submit a writing sample and to edit a brief piece of copy.
- Strong understanding of story assets (text, images, audio, video) and how/when to combine them for maximum impact.
- Expert editing skills.
- Familiarity with AP style.
- Keen sense of newsworthiness.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and familiarity with Microsoft 365
- Experience covering difficult stories in difficult conditions, including remote areas in conflict, crisis and/or natural disasters preferred.
- Familiarity with Lutheranism, church structures, and church member motivations and sensitivities a plus.
Why You Should Apply: Corus offers competitive salaries, discretionary bonuses, 100% employer paid Vision insurance, lots of paid leave, generous retirement program, flexible work schedules and so much more!
If you have any questions about our open positions, reach out to TalentAcquisition@CorusInternational.org.
Corus International prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by U.S. or International law.