- Sandusky, OH, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Voluntary Life
Planning, Production, Availability, & Inventory Specialist
Corso's Horticulture produces over eleven million perennial plants a year on 100+ acres to supply major retailers throughout the Midwest, Great Lakes, and New England.
Support the Planning & Purchasing department through various tasks including forecasting, ordering, receiving, and database management. Manage availability to ensure accuracy and maximize sales through active communication with account stakeholders. Inventory management through cycle counts and yearly physical inventory efforts. Act as "boots-on-the-ground" liaison between the Planning & Purchasing department and production/growing departments.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creation/Completion/Maintenance of work orders for production.
- Conduct backend receiving and processing of purchase orders
- Inventory oversight and management including cycle counts
- Monitor inventory loss circumstances
- Management of tasks directed by the purchasing and planning department
- Ensure compliance with Plant Breeders' Rights (PBR) through royalty reporting
- Troubleshoot and solve issues that arise before and during production
- All other duties as assigned
Skills & Qualifications:
- Plant/Horticulture background and knowledge preferred, but not necessary
- 2-3 years management experience preferred
- Ability to count, perform intermediate math functions, and follow instructions
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (Excel, word, etc.) is a must
- Experience with database management is a plus
- Must be willing to learn on the job and adapt to changing business protocols
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must be detail oriented with analytical skills with proven ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and/or as a team member.
Working Conditions & Requirements
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Excellent attendance
- Ability to stand, bend, twist, and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to occasionally lift 10-15 pounds
- Willing to work flexible hours during peak season