- Sandusky, OH, USA
- per hour
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Voluntary Life
Status: Regular Full Time
Reports to: Facilities Superintendent
Locations: 3404 Milan Road, Sandusky Ohio, 44870
Corso's Horticulture is the wholesale division within August Corso Sons, Inc., a parent company which includes additional branches for garden center, nursery, floral, and landscape. Producing over eleven million plants a year to supply major retailers throughout the Midwest, Great Lakes, and New England, Corso's Horticulture has grown to become one of the largest and most influential perennial growers in the USA.
Performs routine and extensive range of work in repair and general maintenance of facilities, buildings, and equipment. Executes work within established procedures and processes under both verbal and written instruction from the Maintenance Technician.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform routine preventative maintenance to ensure that machines, building systems, and physical condition of buildings run smoothly and do not deteriorate.
- Preventative maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintains vehicle appearance and records by recording service and repairs.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts and reassembles equipment.
- Capable of using tools ranging from common hand tools to power tools, measuring instruments and electrical testing devices.
- Assemble, install, or repair electrical components, greenhouse systems, vents, fans, gas heaters, and irrigation systems.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them
- Operate cutting torches and welding equipment.
- Knowledge of concrete work.
Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must maintain a valid driver license.
- Ability to walk, stand, climb, bend, squat, stoop, crawl and twist for extended periods of time.
- Willing to work extended hours as needed and work in inclement weather.
- Ability to lift 0-75 lbs. frequently throughout the workday.
- Minimum of 2-3 years' experience in Maintenance.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet all specified deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as on own.
- Must have reliable transportation and good attendance.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements, or working conditions associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of current job responsibilities, management reserves the right to revise requirements that other tasks be performed as assigned.