- Sandusky, OH, USA
- Offer Competitive Wage
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Voluntary Life
Division: Corso's Retail
Status: Regular - Full Time - Non Exempt
Reports to: Flower Shop Manager
Location: 3404 Milan Road, Sandusky Ohio, 44870
Corso's Flower and Garden Center includes a greenhouse, flower shop, garden center, landscape department and a wholesale perennial plant division.
The Floral Designer position artistically arranges live, artificial flowers to make bouquets, wreaths, corsages and other decorations.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Confer with customers to fulfill their vision for the type, flower selection and price of desired arrangement when called out front.
- Plan and create arrangement according to customer's requirements as well as sales staff recommendation, utilizing knowledge of design and properties of materials, or select appropriate standard design pattern.
- Knowledgeable in the color variations of flowers, the average size and property of each type of flower and be formed of current trends.
- Select floral for arrangements, working with numerous combinations to synthesize and develop new creations.
- Maintain the high quality standards of the store and discard wilting or dead flowers and arrangements. Assist in quality control.
- Cut, condition, and clean flowers for storage.
- Price completed arrangements.
- Perform retail service duties serving customers, answering telephones, selling giftware items and receiving payment. Back up sales staff on telephone or shop when necessary.
- Inform customers about the care, maintenance, and handling of various flowers and other items.
- Perform general cleaning duties in the store to ensure the work area is clean.
- Unpack and inventory stock.
- Create and change in-store and window displays, designs, and looks to enhance the shop's image.
- Maintain stock levels of fresh and silk designs on sales floor and cooler.
- Be knowledgeable of seasonal demands in the floral industry.
- Ensures compliance of company policies, procedures and practices.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Able to walk, bend, climb, twist, squat and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Willing to work flexible hours: days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Able to work long hours during floral and other holidays.
- Must have reliable transportation and good attendance.
- Wedding Design experience a plus
- Attention to detail and exceptional creativity.
- Knowledge of the techniques of cutting flowers, decorating and display.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for interacting with customers and catering to their requirements.
- Should be creative and possess the ability to come up with innovative ideas.
Shifts: Variable depending on availability
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements, or working conditions associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of current job responsibilities, management reserves the right to revise requirements that other tasks be performed as assigned.