- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Full Time
Medical benefits with two options of coverage (coverage begins on the 1st of the month following date of hire), with generous company contribution Company-paid Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-term Disability coverage Voluntary programs including Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, and Life Insurance 403 (b) Pension Plan with generous company contribution after one year of service Generous paid time off package Warm, welcoming, and supportive environment!
The Director, Early Childhood Education, is chiefly responsible for the development, planning and implementation of the services offered in CORA's Early Childhood Education program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uphold the mission, vision, and values of CORA Services, which includes valuing all individuals, supporting the individual's potential for growth, and enhancing a programmatic service system approach.
- Provide administrative leadership and management for all Early Childhood Centers in CORA's Early Childhood Education program, strengthening programming as necessary.
- Pursue opportunities to expand programming at current or new locations, in alignment with agency strategic goals.
- Support CORA's efforts to advocate for improvements in the early childhood system for all children.
- Establish management practices that support positive relationships and promote a high level of staff morale, motivation and collaboration.
- Supervise Center Directors to ensure high-quality service, compliance with standards, efficient operations and full enrollment.
- Work collaboratively with Center Directors to set goals, develop programs, build curriculum, develop policies/procedures and share best practices across the centers.
- Partner with Center Directors and Human Resources to maintain appropriate staffing levels for all centers and address personnel concerns.
- Support positive relationships and strong communication with families; attend to escalated family concerns.
- Ensure that all funding/contract/licensing mandates and reporting requirements are met in accordance with the agency's mission, goals, values and philosophy.
- Monitor and evaluate programing effectiveness and outcomes, recommending changes as necessary for improvement.
- Prepare and manage program budgets, in collaboration with the Director of Finance.
- Contribute to the preparation of funding proposals/grant applications and review and negotiate contracts.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with funding sources, program partners, other agencies and community groups in order to facilitate agency service goals and remain informed of developments outside of the agency.
- Develop a comprehensive Staff Development Program for ongoing staff training, in accordance with requirements established by CORA and regulatory entities.
- Support centers during audits and inspections as necessary.
- Remain current on existing and emerging laws, regulations and guidelines affecting early childhood education.
- Collect and be knowledgeable of data, trends and best practices in the field; identify opportunities to incorporate best practices to improve instructional quality.
- Oversee the efficient use of internal and external data management systems for student and staff records, billing, and communications.
- Utilize data to drive programmatic, process and system improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director, School Services, as needed.