- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- $50,680 - $54,600
- Full Time
Medical benefits with two options of coverage (coverage begins on the 1st of the month following date of hire), with generous company contribution Company-paid Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-term Disability coverage Voluntary programs including Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, and Life Insurance 403 (b) Pension Plan with generous company contribution after one year of service Generous paid time off package Warm, welcoming, and supportive environment!
CORA Services is a non-profit agency whose mission is to assist youth, children, and families experiencing emotional, academic, and social challenges which impede their development and productivity. CORA provides this assistance throughout the greater Philadelphia area.
CORA is currently seeking Full Time Behavior Consultant (BC) for the 2020 2021 school year. Behavior Consultants will assist in the design and implementation of treatment plans and other intervention plans, as well as direct the quality of the treatment activities of the Mobile Therapists and Behavioral Health Technicians.
Working as a Behavior Consultant with CORA, you will:
- Facilitate team meetings with the identified student's teachers and parents for the purpose of completing a Functional Behavioral Assessment.
- Work with the treatment team (Behavioral Health Technician and Mobile Therapist) to design Behavior Interventions Plans; address classroom organization, effective instruction, social skills instruction, and ethical issues; School-wide Positive Behavioral Support; and factors that affect effectiveness including social validity and treatment integrity.
- Work with individual teachers, groups of teachers and/or the entire staff on issues such as: crisis intervention, learning and collaboration issues, and factors that can affect development and implementation of interventions.
- Provide clinical supervision for the assigned Behavioral Health Technicians, providing guidance and support in delivery of services.
- Promote highly specialized positive behavior interventions in which "at risk" students thrive.
- Use ongoing assessments to maintain a record of student progress.
- Develop a repertoire of assessment strategies consistent with instructional goals, teaching methods, and individual student needs to more accurately assess student behavior skills and understandings.
- Regard assessment as a joint venture through which both student and teacher understanding is enhanced.
- Create fair and equitable assessments to assess higher-order thinking and problem solving as well as individual skills, knowledge, and understandings.
- Model good assessment processes that assist students in assessing their own work and behavior.
- Provide recognition of a variety of student accomplishments and positive behaviors.
- Work cooperatively with building administrators to promote positive student behavior by providing professional development that targets research, strategies and modeling of instructional practices to support teachers in their implementation of positive behavior support in their classrooms.
- Continually supervise students to ensure a safe, non-threatening, nurturing environment where students can thrive.
Qualified Candidates Should Possess:
- Master's Degree in Mental Health Discipline, AND
- Professional Licensure (LPC, LSW, LCSW, LMFT, LBS, or Psychologist)
- BCBA preferred, but not required
Reasons to work for CORA:
$50,680 - $54,600 (based on credentials and experience)
- Medical benefits with two options of coverage (coverage begins on the 1st of the month following date of hire), with generous company contribution
- Company-paid Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-term Disability coverage
- Voluntary programs including Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability, and Life Insurance
- 403 (b) Pension Plan with generous company contribution after one year of service
- Generous paid time off package
- Warm, welcoming, and supportive environment!
CORA Services Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.