- Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Full Time
Medical benefits with two options of coverage ( coerage begins on the 1st of the month following date of hire) with generous company contribution Company-paid Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability coverage Voluntary programs including Dental, Vision, Short-term disability, and Life Insurance 403(b) Pension Plan with generous company contribution after one year of service Generous paid time off package Warm, welcoming, and supportive environment
CORA Services is a non-profit agency located in Northeast Philadelphia. CORA's mission is to assist youth, children, and families experiencing emotional, academic, and social challenges which impede their development and productivity. CORA provides this assistance throughout the greater Philadelphia area.
SUMMARY OF JOB:
The Certified Peer Recovery Specialist will be responsible for the planning and facilitation of the Alternative Peer Group (APG). The Certified Peer Recovery Specialist will also serve as a role model, mentor, advocate and motivator to recovering individuals in order to prevent relapse and promote long-term recovery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uphold the mission, vision, and values of CORA Services, which includes valuing all individuals, supporting the individual's potential for growth, and enhancing a programmatic service system approach.
- Provide individual and group recovery support services to a caseload of adolescents who attend a recovery high school.
- Assist with connecting clients and their families to recovery oriented activities
- Provide support, guidance and education to family members experiencing stress related to the impact of familial substance use.
- Identify emergency or crisis situations and facilitate access to appropriate resources, navigating systems to connect individuals.
- Provide transportation in a company vehicle for clients as needed.
- Participate in professional development trainings/workshops as required by contract and departmental needs.
High School Diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Current Certified Recovery Specialist certification through PA Certification Board
- At least 2 years current, sustained recovery history
- At least 1 year post internship experience working with/assisting clients
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients and visitors, utilizing compassion and patience
- Family Recovery experience highly desirable
- Valid driver's license
Full-time 40 Hour Week position
- Medical benefits with two options of coverage ( coverage begins on the 1st of the month following date of hire) with generous company contribution
- Company-paid Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment and Long-Term Disability coverage
- Voluntary programs including Dental, Vision, Short-term disability, and Life Insurance
- 403(b) Pension Plan with generous company contribution after one year of service
- Generous paid time off package
- Warm, welcoming, and supportive environment
CORA Services Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.