- 18-Aug-2021 to Until Filled (MST)
- Tolleson, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Full benefits package available: Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D/LTD, Pet, Vacation, Sick Time, Elective Holiday, 401K, Tuition Assistance, & Employee Assistance Program.
Come Help us Protect Lives!
CopperState Fire Protection is currently hiring for a Fire Alarm CAD Designer in our Phoenix, Arizona branch.
Position uses AutoCAD equipment and software to produce routine layouts, detail drawings, as-builts, sketches and diagrams for fire protection/safety systems. Details to include wiring and device layout, all views, dimensions and equipment take-offs and/or cut-sheets necessary for submittal approval process by AHJ. Pay Depends on Experience, $16.00 - $28.00 / HR.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Position uses computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop, design, draw and engineer fire protection/safety system based on the proposals provided by branch salespersons.
- Works closely with internal customers and AHJ to produce a final product that is accurate and reduces change orders.
- Is consistent with document preparation.
- Makes sure all projects have the appropriate base files attached and that graphic information is arranged in the proper order.
- Check drawings for required information (such as correct base files, correct line shading and line weights, building orientation, correct spelling and grammar in technician input notes, attachment and position of general and keyed notes, room names and sheet titles) before delivering to department manager for review and stamping.
Education & Required Skills:
- Associates Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school with an emphasis in CAD; or 2+ years equivalent work experience.
- NICET Fire Alarm Systems certification level I required; NICET II preferred.
- Has the ability to read and interpret blue prints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, and schematics.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with computer software applications including, but not limited to Word, Excel, AutoCAD.
About CopperState Fire Protection:
CopperState Fire Protection is a division of Fire Protection Service Corporation. FPSC was founded in 1952 and has over 65 years' experience protecting what matters most. The Company has grown and expanded to locations throughout Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, and Wyoming. We strive to provide the best customer experience from inception and beyond. We hire quality individuals with entrepreneurial spirits who are excited to help us soar to levels that far exceed our competition.
We offer on-the-job training for industry specific skills and knowledge. We support certification in our employee's fields, from NICET and beyond. We strive to promote internal organic growth and encourage employees to apply for positions that offer personal development in our rapidly expanding company.