- Pheasant Ridge Nursing and Rehab Center
- Roanoke, VA, USA
- Full Time
- Activities/Social Services
Pheasant Ridge Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
4355 Pheasant Ridge Rd. S.W | Roanoke, VA 24014
P: 540. 725.8210 | F: 540.725.5735
Community Life - Activities Assistants
We are searching for a Community Life - Activities Assistant (Therapeutic Recreational Assistant) to join our community that is resident and family focused, a team builder, and excited about the opportunity to assist in building a facility culture. The primary purpose of your job position is providing the established plan for resident activities and recreation.
If you are team-oriented, driven, and excited about the opportunity to care for our residents, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Perks and Benefits
- Pay rate: Competitive pay, along with holiday pay and paid time off (PTO) program.
- Innovative Purchasing Program: We offer a purchasing program that allows you to buy thousands of products (technology, furniture, clothing, etc.) and pay over time. Zero interest, no credit check, no hidden fees.
- Access to online learning 24/7: Our Learning Management System offers over 1,500 courses for senior care, health and human services industry. Use it for free to help satisfy your personal and leadership development. Data base includes, MS Office and Leadership/Supervisory content. Available via computer or mobile, and many courses are offered in alternative languages.
- Phone and auto discounts: Up to 20% on employee personal wireless accounts and auto rentals through designated vendors.
- Employee Assistance Fund: You are always there for others. Let us be there for you. In unexpected catastrophic situations you can confidentially apply for help.
- Assist with resident activities, assessments, and activities profiles.
- Assist in scheduling movies, planning parties, and providing games/activities for residents.
- Encourage residents to participate in recreational social activities so that all residents are involved in activities by engaging in and organizing games, crafts, religious services, parties, etc.
- Assist Community Life Director in expanding services.
- Provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Some experience preferred in providing recreation services to residents in a health care setting.
- Must possess current unencumbered valid state driver's license.
- You must be qualified, compassionate, and dedicated to a job well done.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.