- Transitional Health Services of Kannapolis
- Kannapolis, NC, USA
- Full Time
- Plant Operations/Maintenance
Looking for qualified Directors of Maintenance to join our team!
We are searching for a Director of Maintenance to join our community that is resident and family focused, a team builder, and excited about the opportunity to assist in building a facility culture. The primary purpose of your job position is to plan, organize, develop, and direct the overall operation of the Maintenance Department in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing our facility to ensure that our facility is maintained in a safe and comfortable manner.
If you are team-oriented, driven, and excited about the opportunity to care for our residents, then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
Perks and Benefits
- Pay rate: Competitive pay, along with holiday pay and paid time off (PTO) program.
- Innovative Purchasing Program: We offer a purchasing program that allows you to buy thousands of products (technology, furniture, clothing, etc.) and pay over time. Zero interest, no credit check, no hidden fees.
- Access to online learning 24/7: Our Learning Management System offers over 1,500 courses for senior care, health and human services industry. Use it for free to help satisfy your personal and leadership development. Data base includes, MS Office and Leadership/Supervisory content. Available via computer or mobile, and many courses are offered in alternative languages.
- Phone and auto discounts: Up to 20% on employee personal wireless accounts and auto rentals through designated vendors.
- Employee Assistance Fund: You are always there for others. Let us be there for you. In unexpected catastrophic situations you can confidentially apply for help.
- Develop and ensure implementation of a preventative maintenance plan, which describes specific tasks, to be completed and the time frame for completion.
- Establish an equipment and utilities management program.
- Hire, train, and supervise a sufficient number of maintenance technicians to ensure assigned tasks are effectively addressed.
- Participate in regular safety inspection tours of the facility and ensure documentation of findings.
- Provide facility-wide training on safety issues and is Chairperson of the Safety Committee.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair on building grounds.
- Ensure that supplies, equipment, etc., are maintained to provide a safe and comfortable environment.
- Provide innovative, responsible healthcare with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school education or its equivalent
- A secondary degree from an accredited vocational or technical school preferred.
- Must have, as a minimum, three (3) years' experience in a supervisory capacity, in a maintenance/plant related position.
- Must be knowledgeable of boilers, compressors, generators, etc., as well as various mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must be knowledgeable in building codes and safety regulations.
- You must be qualified, compassionate, and dedicated to a job well done.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.