- 23-Feb-2021 to Until Filled (CST)
- Union, NJ, USA
Are you looking to join an innovative, rapidly growing company that values its employees and offers a flexible work environment and the opportunity for professional development? Then Compliance Management International (CMI) is the company for you.
CMI is a leading, global provider of Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) services with over 25 years of experience. We have partnered with thousands of domestic and international organizations, including Fortune 500 companies, to develop, implement, and manage EHS programs that reduce insurance costs and legal liabilities while improving compliance and culture. CMI's success in managing outsourced EHS programs is attributable to our skilled technical professionals who are dedicated to ensuring client satisfaction and who share the company's philosophy of quality and responsiveness.
Safety Program Manager
We are seeking to hire a dynamic team player as a Health and Safety Professional to join our team of experienced professionals.
Note: This role is a three (3) month contract-to-hire opportunity. The goal is to begin employment immediately on an hrly basis and transition to full-time after 90days.
Provide H&S in a manufacturing, wastewater, energy & construction environment.
Conduct assessments and audits to improve compliance and HS culture.
Conduct employee and supervisory training and coaching both in person and virtually.
Build relationships through effective communication and responsiveness.
Work independently to support company and client initiatives.
Develop engaging training materials for in person and virtual learning.
Hours/days of work: M-F 8:30-5PM EST
(NOTE: on site construction / renovations taking place)
Required Skills & Experience:
Assist team with daily responsibilities, on the floor presence, compliance to site policies, assist with HS reports.
Must have a minimum of 3 years' experience in all or one (1) environment: manufacturing, wastewater, energy & construction environment.
- Experience in health and safety environment
- Associates or bachelor's degree in safety related field.
- Demonstrates organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrates an attention to detail and delivery of quality materials.
- Ability to organize, facilitate, and manage meetings and tasks.
- Experience with writing clear and concise reports
- Ability to work independently and manage deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Outstanding professional communication skills, written and verbal.
- Preferred Skills:
- Certification in a related area (ASP, GSP or OHST) preferred, not required.
- Experience as a consultant supporting various clients, a plus.
- Knowledge of environmental regulations, a plus
- Come work for a company that values its employees, clients, and contribution to the Environmental, Health and Safety community.
- Certification in one of the following: CHST, STSC, OSHA Outreach Trainer.
Come work for a company that values its employees, clients, and contribution to the EHS community.
Here's what we have to offer:
- Named Fastest Growing Company by Inc. Magazine
- Internationally Recognized Brand in EHS Services
- Professional Development
- Company Paid Training
- Flexible Work Environment
- Competitive Compensation Based on Experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability, 401K, etc.
- Paid Holidays and Generous PTO Package
CMI is an equal opportunity employer, and considers all applicants for positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status.