- 14-Mar-2023 to Until Filled (EST)
- Pontiac, MI, USA
- 18-21 per hour Pay range includes possible $3/hr shift premium
- Full-time and Part-time
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, generous paid time off, and more!
Common Ground's statewide crisis hotline, MiCAL (Michigan Integrated Crisis & Access Line) is HIRING REMOTE PEER WARMLINE SPECIALISTS!
Michigan Residents Only
Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS)
Peer Support Specialist Certification Required
Shift Premiums for Evenings & Weekends
Extremely generous PTO
The ideal Peer Warmline Specialist is a MDHHS Certified Peer Support Specialist, or dually certified as an MDHSS Certified Peer Recovery Coach, who is grounded in their recovery and able to utilize their own recovery experiences to support others in their journey. If you are professional, dedicated, and self-disciplined to work from home, we invite you to apply!
Day in the Life
- Login to platform applications
- Accept incoming calls of a varying nature
- Provide active and empathetic listening
- Utilize de-escalation techniques and strength-based approaches to support individuals served
- Document each encounter accurately and thoroughly
- Provide resources when requested (i.e. homeless shelters, food pantries, mental health services, substance use treatment facilities, etc.)
- Communicate with the shift supervisor regularly in order to receive or provide support
- Adapt to regular changes with the evolution of the program
- Participate in debriefing sessions provided by Supervisor
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality while performing all duties
- Follow the MDHHS Certified Peer Support Specialist Code of Ethics, as well as Common Ground standards of work practice
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or peer warmline manager
What you need to apply
- MDHHS Peer Support Specialist Certification
- Permanent year-round Michigan residency
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- One-year paid peer support work experience
- At-home high speed internet on a private network
- A private, HIPAA compliant, dedicated office space
For your hard work
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Paid time off, floating holidays, vacation time, sick time
- Employer sponsored benefit & wellness plans for all full-time employees (medical, dental, vision, long term disability, short term disability, employee assistance program, etc.)
- Competitive wages
- Shift premiums
Common Ground is a community-crisis organization that has been in existence for over 50 years. Our purpose: Helping people move from crisis to hope. At Common Ground, we help individuals and families who are experiencing crises of any kind, from suicide to substance use, human trafficking, mental illness and more.
Common Ground is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Find out more at https://commongroundhelps.org