- 16-Sep-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Pontiac, MI, USA
- 18.00 per hour Plus shift premiums up to $4 per hour
- Full-time and Part-time
16% fringe to purchase cafeteria style benefits - medical, dental, Life, LTD, STD, 403(b) and generous paid time off
Common Ground's statewide crisis hotline, MiCAL (Michigan Integrated Crisis & Access Line) is HIRING REMOTE WORKERS.
Full-Time & Part-Time
Extremely generous PTO
The ideal MiCAL Crisis Specialist Frontline Strong is a resilient, devoted individual preferably with either current or previous experience as a First Responder. If you wish to positively impact the lives of First Responders throughout Michigan, we invite you to apply!
The selected candidate will participate in a mandatory, virtual 100-hour Crisis Intervention Training program to ensure they are set up for success in this role. Training regarding First Responder cultural competencies will also be required upon hire.
- Log in to hotline platforms from your home office
- Respond to incoming anonymous calls, chats, and/or texts from First Responders in need of support
- Provide information on resources (i.e. mental health services, therapy, substance use treatment facilities, etc.)
- Utilize de-escalation techniques for First Responder callers experiencing a crisis
- Take calls from the National Suicide Prevention hotline
- Coordinate with EMS or police to complete active rescue as needed
- Triage calls to determine appropriate level of care
- Warm transfer calls as appropriate to other call centers/providers
- Document each encounter while in-call
- Provide follow-up calls to ensure successful access to services
- Communicate with the MiCAL Shift Supervisors and other MiCAL staff to receive or provide additional support
- Maintain high level confidentiality while performing all duties
- Permanent year-round Michigan residency
- Current or previous First Responder experience (law enforcement officer, safety officer, paramedic, EMT, firefighter, etc.) preferred
- Experience providing immediate support during prevention, response, and recovery operations
- High School Diploma or GED At-home high speed internet on a private network
- A private, HIPAA compliant, dedicated at-home office space
- 100-hour Crisis Intervention Training and First Responder Cultural Competencies training required upon hire.
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer paid training
- Paid Time Off, Floating Holidays, Vacation Time, Sick Time, Paid Holidays
- Fringe benefits
Common Ground is a community-crisis organization that has been in existence for over 50 years. Our purpose: helping people move from crisis to hope. At Common Ground, we help individuals and families who are experiencing crises of any kind, from suicide to substance abuse, human trafficking, mental illness and more.
Common Ground is an Equal Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.
Find out more at https://commongroundhelps.org