- 02-Dec-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Pontiac, MI, USA
- 18 $18 per hour + $3
- Full Time
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, generous paid time off, and more!
Common Ground's statewide crisis hotline, MiCAL (Michigan Integrated Crisis & Access Line) is HIRING REMOTE WORKERS.
Seeking Afternoon, Evening, & Night Shift Staff
$3.00 Per Hour Shift Premiums!
The ideal MiCAL Crisis Specialist is a strong, self-driven, dedicated individual who works fully remote helping individuals in crisis. If you are self-disciplined to work from home and wish to serve those in crisis, we invite you to apply!
All job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a virtual/remote 100-hour Crisis Intervention Training program. Full attendance is mandatory. No make-up sessions offered. Must be able to commit to the entire training schedule.
- Login to hotline applications.
- Accept incoming calls, chats and/or texts of a varying crisis nature.
- Provide information on resources (i.e. homeless shelters, food pantries, mental health services, substance use treatment facilities, etc.).
- Address callers experiencing crisis and utilize de-escalation techniques.
- Take calls from the National Suicide Prevention hotline
- Coordinate with EMS or police to complete active rescue as needed.
- Document each encounter while in-call.
- Provide follow-up calls to ensure successful access to services.
- Communicate with the Shift Supervisor and other MiCAL staff in order to receive or provide support.
- Maintain high level confidentiality while performing all duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Permanent year-round Michigan residency.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of work or volunteer experience in a mental health/crisis services field, or equivalent education/training.
- At-home high speed internet on a private network.
- A private, HIPAA compliant, dedicated office space.
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer paid training
- 13 days of Paid Time Off, 2 Floating Holidays, 10 days Vacation Time, & Sick Time Options
- $3 per hour shift premiums ($21 per hour total)
Common Ground is a community-crisis organization that has been in existence for over 50 years. Our purpose: helping people move from crisis to hope. At Common Ground, we help individuals and families who are experiencing crises of any kind, from suicide to substance abuse, human trafficking, mental illness and more.
Common Ground is an Equal Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Find out more at https://commongroundhelps.org