- 22-Aug-2022 to Until Filled (EST)
- Crisis Assessment Team
- Pontiac, MI, USA
- 18.00-19.75 per hour Plus shift premiums up to $4 per hour
- Part Time
Generous paid time off, life insurance
PART-TIME, 2 Days per week
Shift Premiums for Evenings and Overnights
The Medical Assistant Welcoming Specialist is an at-will position that reports to the Shift Supervisor of the Crisis Assessment Team. This position will energetically welcome each guest or caller to the Resource & Crisis Center (RCC) while overseeing the lobby area to ensure a healthy environment for all guests. The Medical Assistant Welcoming Specialist will work as a team member in a community crisis center setting that serves all members in the community. This position will provide and maintain a supportive, hopeful, empathic, and engaging environment for individuals/families seeking help with crises.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greet and welcome all guests who enter the Resource & Crisis Center lobby
- Cultivate a welcoming atmosphere that emphasizes trauma informed delivery of service
- Initiate prompt, courteous delivery of service by engaging guests to complete the Crisis Contact Form
- Accurately complete the Welcome Form in the consumer's Electronic Health Record (EHR) based on information from the Crisis Contact Form
- Copy insurance and ID cards, print Consent for Treatment from the EHR, and obtain signature from consumer/parent/guardian or defer to the Clinician if explanation is necessary
- Coordinate admissions from the lobby to programs within the RCC
- Enter the Welcome Form in the EHR within 10 minutes
- Measure and record vital signs as needed
- Routinely and regularly step into the guest waiting area, assessing for alertness, well-being, and safety of all
- Quickly react to medical needs of waiting guests by using medical assistant-level skills or bring in higher level of care
- Comply with attendance and punctuality policies, as well as all other Common Ground policies and procedures
RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare and maintain appropriate supply of forms that are in good format and up to date
- Answer and transfer phone calls on behalf of all Common Ground programs at the RCC
- Continuously manage a clean and comfortable environment for people served as well as co-workers
- Participate in training and orientation of new staff and interns
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Current intervention, behavioral management, and de-escalation techniques
- Standard insurance and billing procedures
- Medical Terminology
- Measurement of Vital Signs
- Basic math skills
- Trauma informed principles and values
- Type, enter data, file, and operate office equipment efficiently
- Interact positively with departmental staff and individuals being served
- Resolve guest conflict in a friendly, helpful manner
- Demonstrate proficiency in measuring and recording basic vital signs
- Demonstrate proficiency in relevant software and applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Relate to a diverse population which includes a variety of age, economic and educational backgrounds
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Consistently exercise superior customer service skills with both team members and individuals being served
- Demonstrate organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Apply the dynamics of the crisis intervention model and engage in problem solving process
- Work in a multi-disciplinary environment and manage evolving needs
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of a Medical Assistant or Nursing Assistant program or 1-year equivalent experience
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Environmental Working Requirements:
Work is done in both a crisis center environment with exposure to computer screens; Assignments may require work to be done on an individual basis or in teams with members at various staffing levels. The work environment is that of a crisis center and may subject staff to behavioral and medical events that could be physically hazardous.
Adhere to established Quality Improvement Indicators.
The agency may in its sole discretion fill this position on a full-time, part-time, or contingent basis with the individual best fit to perform the essential functions of the job. The above statements describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to the title. Incumbents may be required to perform job-related responsibilities and tasks other than those stated in this specification. Employees in this title are subject to a background check and a pre-employment physical.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Common Ground is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.