- 15-Jul-2021 to 13-Dec-2021 (MST)
- Salt Lake City, UT, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA, 401k and working with an awesome group of people!
Code Corp designs, builds, and supports barcode readers for commercial, retail, and health care applications worldwide. Code Corp is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join one of Utah's top workplaces as named by the Salt Lake Tribune in 2020. This Senior Electrical Engineer position will report to the Hardware Electrical Engineering Manager and be responsible for supporting our existing line of products and work cross functionally with project and product management as our next-gen products are being developed. You will be defining electrical requirements, be able to articulate and communicate detailed product specifications, develop hardware designs using wireless and inductive charging systems and optimize performance and costs within our product markets. Code is an Agile SCRUM workplace. The successful individual will work with other team members to plan and execute work assigned during bi-weekly sprint planning.
What you will be doing:
- Creating and reading schematics as part of the product design phase using Altium design tools.
- Supporting operations in product redesign efforts when components go EOL or cost reductions are needed.
- Ensuring new and redesigned products pass all regulatory certifications for both US and international markets.
- Operating lab test equipment to evaluate product performance of dev parts, sub-assemblies, or complete systems.
- Analyzing and interpreting data from tests performed to determine the best path forward to resolve issues.
- Assembling electrical and electronic systems according to engineering data sheets using electrical principles.
- Helping define future product requirements as a member of the engineering design team.
What you will need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Excellent understanding of discrete circuit design and circuit theory.
- Microcontroller system design experience. (I2C, SPI, etc.).
- Expertise in portable devices, including battery charging systems and low power design desired.
- Altium CAD tool experience including schematic creation and PCB design.
- Experience using laboratory test & measurement equipment.
- Possess an understanding of conducted and radiated emissions and safety standards.
- Experience with products using USB and BLE module connectivity.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, finding solutions to complex problems as a team.
- Cross functional communication skills, collaborating with firmware, product design and operations SCRUM teams.
Love to have but not required:
- Experience with optics and imagers including camera technology used in cell phone and laptop applications.
- Knowledge and experience collecting data via IoT.
- Industrial communications protocol experience including RS485, Profibus, Ethernet.
- Firmware design experience is a plus.
- Experience working in MS SharePoint, Epicor ERP, and Jira will help you hit the road running.
- Experience in Power Delivery Network (PDN) design at the PCB level using various DC-DC topologies.
- Product design experience that meets US and international compliance and safety regulations.
Benefits & Perks:
- 100% Paid Medical Insurance for you as an employee.
- 100% Paid Dental Insurance for you as an employee.
- Vision Insurance
- 4% Match 401k
- $50k Paid Life Insurance
- Personal Time
- Vacation Time
- 9/80 work schedule Every other Friday off.
- New open concept collaborating workspace.
- Breakfast (cereal) including drink and snack bar.
(This is NOT a remote position, must be a local candidate)