- 19-May-2021 to 18-Jul-2021 (MST)
- Boston, MA, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, FSA, 401k and working with an awesome group of people!
This position will be located in our Action, MA office.
Seeking a Mobile Performance Software Engineer to help design and build the mobile experience for our barcode decoder SDKs.
We are seeking a engineer who is passionate about coding and enjoys learning new technologies. The ideal candidate will be able to think both logically and creatively. You should demonstrate expertise with Android and/or iOS SDKs, common supporting libraries, and common tools for source control, agile planning, and bug tracking. It is essential that you work well with others and exhibit strong communication skills. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable on current technologies and able to share new ideas and energy with the team and our customers.
- You will work directly with the product management team to define new features and translate those designs into our mobile product line.
- Research photo and video capture APIs for mobile ((iOS, Android, Windows) SDKs
- Improve image capture, exposure control, camera focus, and decoding performance in CortexDecoder mobile SDK and app
- Design, implement, unit test and document new features and improvements for decoder SDKs and apps for mobile platforms
- Develop consistent UI and API interfaces for all mobile platforms to improve user integration experience and support
- Improve maintainability of software and ensure backward compatibility
- Support design and development of decoder SDK using other mobile development frameworks
- Participate as a team member in design, review, and planning meetings
- Develop and maintain software that meets quality system requirements of Code Corporation
- Support product specification and documentation
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set:
- 1 year programming experience in developing mobile (iOS/Android/Windows) apps
- 2+ year of experience in C/C++, Objective-C, JAVA, C#, Kotlin, Swift
- Working knowledge of Xcode, Android Studio, MS Visual Studio, Xamarin
- BS/BA in CS, CE, EE, or Math and 2 years working/project experience or MS with 2 year working or MS with 1 year experience
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Course work in Object-Oriented Design, data structures, algorithm
- Must be a self-starter and able to learn new technology quickly
- Thrive in a fast paced team environment
- Experience in Linux and/or embedded systems desirable
- Experience in image processing and pattern recognition desirable