Under general supervision, perform any of the duties required in the operation, maintenance, and construction of the electric distribution, transmission, and substation systems and, in addition, able to direct one or more equal or lower rated employees, including such duties as:
- Install, inspect, remove, and maintain poles, towers, cross arms, pins, insulators, and dead ends, as well as overhead, underground, and submarine wires and cables, etc. Including associated line and meter equipment in and out of energized circuits with appropriate cover up, primary rubber gloving, and/or hot sticking procedures.
- Responsible for crew when Foreman is not present.
- Trim and cut trees around or within substations, primary, and secondary.
- Train Apprentice Linemen and other employees when required in all phases of work.
- Assist in the installation, repair, and maintenance of regulators, reclosures, oil circuit breakers, transformers, fuses, and switch gear, etc.
- Locate and repair faults and damaged equipment on all types of overhead and underground lines and equipment as well as assist in the determination and repair of radio frequency interference.
- Work in inclement weather conditions on energized facilities during trouble situations and/or work on facilities other than energized lines in all other situations. Be capable and available to work stand-by and call-out duties.
- Shall be capable to perform all duties of lesser Line Department job classifications and similar or related work.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Must have successfully completed an Electric Line Apprentice Program, must have all of the qualifications of lesser Line Department job classifications and:
- Must have thorough knowledge of Company's specifications for line and service construction as it applies to their work.
- Must be capable of acquiring a working knowledge of the connection and the operation of transformers, regulators, and other transmission, substation, and distribution devices and equipment.
- Must have three years experience as Lineman and or equivalent.
- Must be able to advance through training as required by job duties.
- Must have a valid Class A CDL license.