- 21-Oct-2021 to 20-Dec-2021 (CST)
- Resident Monitors
- Cleveland, OH, USA
- $10.00 - $12.00
Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement, Competitive Time Off Plans, Free Family Membership to any YMCA of Greater Cleveland Branch
Y-Haven provides temporary housing and drug and alcohol treatment to adults in Cuyahoga County who are most in need. Formed in 1993 by the YMCA of Greater Cleveland, Y-Haven has helped thousands recover from addiction, secure permanent housing, and re-build their lives. Y-Haven offers healing and hope.
Y-Haven has an immediate need for Resident Monitors. The Resident Monitor is responsible for helping provide a safe and secure living environment for Y-Haven residents, testing residents for drugs/alcohol, monitoring resident behavior, monitoring medication and providing practical and social support to Y-Haven residents.
Hourly Rate: $10.00 - $12.00
Schedule: 12:30am to 8:30am Sunday - Thursday
- Monitor residents and maintain compliance of rules & regulations (document all infractions)
- Monitor behavior that may indicate drug/alcohol use
- Administer, observe and interpret urinalysis and breathalyzer testing
- Provide conflict resolution, help de-escalate resident conflicts
- Perform regular room and hallway checks, report residents not in facility by curfew
- Report and record resident incidents / disturbances.
- Become certified in First Aid, CPR, AED and Narcan administration and provide these to residents as needed
- Monitor and record resident medications
- Oversee resident / visitors arrivals and departures
- Attend required Y-Haven and YMCA meetings and trainings
- Offer support to residents by listening to, interacting with, respecting, showing interest in, holding accountable, and caring for each individual
- Be visibly involved w/ Y-Haven residents, volunteers and staff in a positive, friendly manner that communicates and demonstrates the YMCA's core values of caring, honest, respect and responsibility
- Follow all established policies and procedures, including but not limited to, safety practices and personnel policies
- Participate in and support association events and fund raising activities
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- One (1) year work experience in related field
- Chemical Dependency Counselor Assistant license preferred.
About YMCA of Greater Cleveland: At the Y, our mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
- A free membership to your local YMCA and discount to YMCA programs including childcare (part-time positions do not receive discount on childcare).
- Additional employee discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a YMCA of Greater Cleveland employee.
- Eligible employees receive comprehensive Benefits Plan including Health, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan, Retirement 8% paid by the YMCA of Greater Cleveland and paid vacation.