- 18-Oct-2021 to 17-Dec-2021 (CST)
- Program - Youth and Family
- Cleveland, OH, USA
Join our Greater Cleveland YMCA team in living our cause and helping to provide quality, safe and healthy programs and services in our community.
The West Park Family YMCA has an immediate need for Program Instructor. The program instructor is responsible for providing age appropriate programs and branch activities. The program instructor is responsible for implementing program plans and supervising activities in the program areas.
Hourly Rate: $11.00
- Plan all activities in advance, be prepared to be on time, with proper material, equipment, and in
- Incorporate YMCA Character Development values into each lesson.
- Maintain class/participant attendance and student skill accomplishment records.
- Keep area clean, recognize potential hazards, communicate and eliminate hazards relative to
program and program areas.
- Plan and implement program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate
and consistent with YMCA values.
- Adhere to program standards including safety, disinfecting and cleanliness standards.
- Maintain positive relations with patrons and other staff. Model relationship-building skills in all
- One (1) year's experience in programming/program growth. (Youth oriented Programming)
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Previous Dance, Theatre, and Tumble instruction experience.
- Current certification in CPR and First Aid.
- Ability to create and implement class choreography and curriculum.
- Enjoy working with youth.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and motivate members, participants, and parents
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for
extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to
- Ability to work in a moderate to noisy work environment
- Ability to multitask in a changing environment
- May be required to work outside and on occasion may encounter inclement weather.
About YMCA of Greater Cleveland: Our vision is to be the premier community-based, charitable organization that embraces collaborations to build strong kids, strong families and strong communities. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
- A free membership to your local YMCA and discount to YMCA programs including childcare (part-time positions do not receive discount on childcare).
- Additional employee discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a YMCA of Greater Cleveland employee.
- Eligible employees receive comprehensive Benefits Plan including Health, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan, Retirement 8% paid by the YMCA of Greater Cleveland and paid vacation.