- 14-Oct-2021 to 13-Dec-2021 (CST)
- Westlake, OH, USA
- 8.80 - 9.50
West Shore Family YMCA has an immediate opening for a Wellness Consultant. Wellness Consultants are responsible for assisting in membership growth and retention through leadership and continuous follow through with members. Task include phone and in-person interaction with prospective and current YMCA members, administrative activities such as membership and program enrollment, and on-boarding new members through the new member orientation process
Available Hours: 20 hours
- Creates and maintains a member-focused atmosphere to build personal and meaningful relationships with YMCA members, participants, volunteers, guests and donors.
- Greets all members and guests in a professional and friendly manner, using their names whenever possible, and offering to assist them with workout needs within the Consultant's certified scope of practice.
- Intentionally introduces members to one another and encourages conversation to promote relationship building among members.
- Ensures the disinfection, cleanliness and maintenance of all Wellness Center equipment. Reports any damaged or broken equipment to Wellness Director.
- Accurately complete data entry and maintain records on new members, renewals, program participants and guests.
- In collaboration with all branch departments, assess program and service options provided to ensure the needs of the community are being met.
- Ability to be innovative in resolving member problems to ensure member satisfaction.
- Participate in the creation and delivery of on-going recognition and appreciation events for members, staff and volunteers.
- Manage prospective member data through leads, tours, walk-ins, IC calls, referrals, guest passes, terminations, and prospects from campaigns.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Associate degree preferred.
- Experience in sales and service preferred.
- Experience in health and wellness strongly preferred
Definition: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift/move up to 50lbs
- Ability to perform frequent amounts of sitting, standing, waling, reaching, stooping, kneeling, bending and or instructing others for the duration of their shift.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy
- May be required to work outside and on occasion may encounter inclement weather.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
- Performs work in an office setting with moderate levels of noise, sitting for long periods of time, repetitive motion using computers and phones, with exposure to fluorescent lighting