- 14-Oct-2021 to 13-Dec-2021 (CST)
- Cleveland, OH, USA
Medical,Dental,Vision,Retirement,Competitive Time Off Plans, Free Family Membership to any YMCA of Greater Cleveland Branch
Y-Haven provides temporary housing and drug and alcohol treatment to adults in Cuyahoga County who are most in need. Formed in 1993 by the YMCA of Greater Cleveland, Y-Haven has helped thousands recover from addiction, secure permanent housing, and re-build their lives. Y-Haven offers healing and hope.
Y-Haven has an immediate need for a Maintenance Technician who will perform routine and preventative maintenance at designated Branch Locations. This role also repairs and replaces building components, equipment and fixtures in a safe and timely manner.
Hourly rate: $16.00 per hour
- Assist in developing the operating maintenance department budget within objectives.
- Coordinates and performs major repairs and installations on system and equipment such as piping, plumbing, electrical equipment, air conditioning, boilers, controls, swimming pools, etc. at all assigned facilities.
- Coordinate repair request with branch staff in timely fashion.
- Assist in meeting room setup.
- Be available (on call) 24 hours/day except during scheduled days off) to handle emergency repairs.
- Repair/replace faulty equipment/facility structure in timely and safe manner consistent with association standards.
- Maintain and order necessary supplies as needed.
- Assists with projects, contractors and vendor relationships and ensure that projects are completed on schedule and within budget expectations.
- Ensure all safety and risk management procedures are adhered to and report unusual unsafe conditions to supervisors.
- Technical high school or equivalent with 1-2 years of building maintenance experience.
- A current certification in electrical, carpentry, plumbing, refrigeration, or HVAC, etc.
- Knowledge of landscaping and plant care.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, climb ladders, and scaffolding.
- Valid driver's license.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Ability to read and write.
- Ability to organize projects, work with a budget and timetables and deliver cost effective results
About YMCA of Greater Cleveland: At the Y, our mission is to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind and body for all. That's why we offer an exceptional package that includes:
- A free membership to your local YMCA and discount to YMCA programs including childcare (part-time positions do not receive discount on childcare).
- Additional employee discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a YMCA of Greater Cleveland employee.
- Eligible employees receive comprehensive Benefits Plan including Health, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan, Retirement 8% paid by the YMCA of Greater Cleveland and paid vacation.