- 07-Oct-2021 to 06-Dec-2021 (CST)
- Cleveland, OH, USA
Join our Greater Cleveland YMCA team in living our cause and helping to provide quality, safe and healthy programs and services in our community.
Parker Hannifin YMCA has an immediate need for a Wellness Coordinator. The Wellness Coordinator oversees the day-to-day operations in the Health & Wellness, Group Exercise, and Personal Training programs; which includes the development, implementation and management of these programs and the training and supervision of the staff who deliver them. This position will also be responsible for instructing, monitoring, cleaning and managing the day-to-day operations within the Wellness Department.
- Ensure (and, when necessary, provide) appropriate leadership for land and virtual group exercise classes and personal training. Find certified and competent substitute instructors to cover open classes; fill-in to teach such classes or training appointments if other coverage cannot be obtained.
- Ensure that class attendance and personal training documentation are accurately recorded in the designated manner.
- Keep timely and accurate records of participants in personal training and specialty classes, including pulling rosters for specialty classes from Daxko and ensuring class and personal training participants have paid the appropriate fees.
- Maintain accurate records of staff CPR, group exercise, and personal training certifications.
- Complete bi-weekly payroll process as designated by supervisor.
- Ensure that all program information in Daxko is accurate and current.
- Ensure that class schedules for land, aquatic and virtual group exercise classes are accurate and up-to-date, in print and on the website. In collaboration with supervisor, make necessary changes to class schedules, class leadership and Wellness Center staff coverage.
- Create and review monthly personal training sales goals with all staff personal trainers.
- Develop promotional materials in collaboration with supervisor and Marketing. Develop and implement appropriate and effective marketing and promotional plans.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum of (1) one year experience in group exercise class instruction and/or personal training
- Minimum of (1) one-year experience in staff supervision.
- Current national NCCA-accredited Group Exercise Instructor certification, YMCA Group Exercise Instructor certification, or NCCA-accredited Personal Training certification.
- Certification in CPR at the level of Basic Life Support or Professional Rescuer, Basic First Aid, and Emergency Oxygen Administration and associated-determined safety training required within 30 days of hire.
- A free membership to your local YMCA and discount to YMCA programs including childcare (part-time positions do not receive discount on childcare).
- Additional employee discounts at many places in and around town, just for being a YMCA of Greater Cleveland employee.
- Eligible employees receive comprehensive Benefits Plan including Health, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan, Retirement 8% paid by the YMCA of Greater Cleveland and paid vacation.