- 05-Oct-2021 to 04-Dec-2021 (CST)
- Lakewood, OH, USA
- $8.80 - $19.00
The YMCA of Greater Cleveland is a community based, charitable organization that embraces collaboration to build strong kids, strong families and strong communities. Join our Greater Cleveland YMCA team in living our cause and helping to provide quality, safe and healthy programs and services in our community.
The Lakewood Family YMCA has an immediate need for Group Exercise Instructors. Instructors are responsible for the design and instruction of a safe, high-quality, effective and challenging group exercise class as determined by the class format and description. Instructors must be knowledgeable, professional, motivating, and member-focused.
Group Exercise Instructors: $8.80 - $16 an hour
Yoga / Pilates Instructors: $12.36 - $19 an hour
- Design classes that adhere to the designated format and are constructed to be appropriate for the participants' abilities. Teach scheduled classes with energy and enthusiasm.
- Demonstrate skills being taught in class, explain them clearly to class members, and work at skill level and intensity level appropriate for the particular class. Instructors are to emphasize the members' workouts, not their own.
- Frequently and consistently demonstrate multiple movement modifications, and repeatedly encourage members to modify movements and work at their own pace. Monitor intensity, technique, proper form, and hydration throughout the class.
- Consistently utilize clear and easy-to-follow verbal and physical cues in advance of a movement change.
- Plan in advance the specific composition/choreography of each class, consistently changing music and routines.
- Ensure that the class attendance of each member is accurately recorded in the designated manner.
- Begin and end class on time. Be available in the classroom with proper music and all equipment set up and ready no less than 5 minutes before class is to begin.
- Be responsible for the safety of all participants; knows emergency procedures and the location and proper use of emergency equipment.
- High school diploma or GED required, Associates degree preferred.
- Current certification in CPR/AED for Adults, Children and Infants and First Aid.
- Current certification in Foundations of YMCA Group Exercise or current Group Exercise certification from an organization approved by the YMCA of Greater Cleveland.
- Must possess current certification (if available) and/or documentation of training in the specific class format.
- Ability to complete a frequent amount of sitting, standing and walking, reaching, stooping, kneeling, bending and occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Physical ability to instruct class when assigned instructor is unavailable.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to noisy.
May be required to work outside an